Toilet

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Dad
Forum Regular

Toilet

Unread post by Dad » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:38 pm

Would it be possible to buy a toilet for my room or a communal one for the university? It could have some sort of system, where you purchase tokens to get in, these purchasable at one or an amount a day. Using the toilet would then have the obvious effect of lessening your bladder and stomach, it doesn't need to be much, but enough for a little more food and drink.

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Toilet

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Not now, no. Obviously, everyone wants more turns per day, but for now and it *might* be something we look at later, but for now, I can't see a need for it.

Reenix
Contributor

Unread post by Reenix » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:51 pm

That's a brilliant idea, actually. By 'tokens' I thought you meant 'of appreciation', which would have made it a little restricted. Still, good thinking. I'd love something like that.
"Getting up on the wrong side of the bed never hurt anyone. Unless the wrong side is next to an open window."

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:47 pm

Gobb, how can you not see the need for a toilet? I understand men are able to stand up while they relieve themselves, but you don't have to be so arrogant. ;)

Reenix
Contributor

Unread post by Reenix » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:48 pm

Impalix, I think what he means is that it would be functionally pointless to imple-oh, you were joking. Curse you, Asperger's Syndrome! Curse you to hell! Anyway...
"Getting up on the wrong side of the bed never hurt anyone. Unless the wrong side is next to an open window."

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:50 pm

I would give you a swirly for talking back to me, but OH WAIT. I don't have a TOILET to give it in. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Reenix
Contributor

Unread post by Reenix » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Them's the breaks, Impy <3

Topic author
Dad
Forum Regular

Unread post by Dad » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Wow this is odd. Just found this : viewtopic.php?f=77&t=506&p=4121&hilit=toilet#p4121
It was posted a few days before I made this.

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:35 pm

DAD'S A BRAIN ROBBER!!!

thedudeabides
Forum Regular

Unread post by thedudeabides » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:59 am

Oh trust me...don't wanna try to rob anywhere near my skull. No tellin what's up in that cobwebby, delusion-ridden, nightmarish, cavernous expanse.

Blaize
Forum Addict

Unread post by Blaize » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:11 pm

Here's a disgusting idea... purge bars that make you vomit :D

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:11 pm

How about instead you have hard to get bars that partially empty your bladder instead?

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:16 pm

I'm really reluctant to provide this functionality, because... well, if it's something that anyone can just do (even for a small cost), I may as well just increase bladder capacity and have done with it.

I suspect that, at some point, an item will become available that will let you remove a small amount of... stuff... from your bladder or stomach, so you can drink/eat something else and get a handy few more turns when needed (unlike the *spoiler* which MIGHT do that, but isn't predictable). Whatever the item is, it will be VERY hard to obtain/expensive, and for use in emergencies only (ie. when you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to squeeze in that little bit extra to achieve something, and don't mind the cost).

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:33 pm

Yeah, that's what I figured Gobb

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Gobberwart wrote:... for use in emergencies only (ie. when you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to squeeze in that little bit extra to achieve something, and don't mind the cost).
Like you could do it, but it would knock you down a level or give some majorly negative effect: (Bad Taste in Your Mouth (50): -15 to all stats) or (Sore Butt (20): Turn consumption is doubled. Have you ever tried walking with a sore butt? You just kinda spread your legs apart and waddle. It takes forever to go anywhere!)
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:43 am

LOL, jupider you think too much :)

Noted, though.

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:01 pm

Okay. Here's my Final proposal. We will have a rare event in a certain department of questionable merit. If you get this event you get a item that will empty your stomach. But,(Kudos to Jupider) You get (Sore Posterior (20)-20 to all stats) Your posterior is sore from all that "waste leaving".

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Ok, let me just say... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Does sound like a good idea for an ultra rare though. Maybe from fighting a Megasoreass. Groan.

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:14 pm

You are fighting a Megasoreass.

The Megasoreass, a creature from the posterious period, is a brutal creature that has a very sore posterior. And his posterior is extra sore right now and he's coming for you!

genghizcohen
Forum Regular

Unread post by genghizcohen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:02 pm

I just had an interesting thought:
Cup of unreasonably strong coffee
This is a small cup of the blackest coffee you have ever seen, EVER. It's blacker than an imploded star, so thick you actually have to chew it, and it seems to be eating through the cup. Drink up!

When consumed, you get this message: You tip back the cup, and begin blacking out as your heart starts beating 3 times faster than it was meant to. When you wake up, you feel a little less thirsty. Wait, how does that work?

Consuming would actually make you lose an adventure, so it would only be worth it if you really wanted to lose one
bladder. As I look at this, it does really seem that practical, but i love the description to much not to post it. Maybe you could just make it an item, without the effect? Please?
Genghizcohen, leader of the bronze horde.

stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:28 pm

I think at the current stage in the game all this toilet stuff is quite unnecessary, you can play not stop forever with resets and perhaps after resets go away there will be a need for this discussion but right now the aim is to get the next quest implemented. Think how long down the line it took kol to have consumable limit reset-ers (no i'm not counting sober pills) so on that basis we can survive for a bit. Hope that makes sense to anyone who isn't me.

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:11 pm

No comment on bladder or stomach reducing items or effects.

However...

Coffee is probably closer than you think.

Fenmar
Forum Poster

Bathrooms.

Unread post by Fenmar » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:46 am

What about those times your player wants to relieve her/himself? Why go to the bathroom. For the low, low price of $1,000,000 I will install your bathroom for you. Now you might be able to stay active a wee bit longer.

+2 bladder/day?

mastechno
Chat Moderator

Re: Bathrooms.

Unread post by mastechno » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 pm

i think if something like this were to be implemented it would have to be taking away from a "full" bladder...rather than extending or giving you a bigger one.

ie if you have 15 bladder...then run to the bathroom...you come out with 12 or 13 bladder instead of teh full 15

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Bathrooms.

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Again, a thread for this already exists. I'll merge the two as soon as I find the other one.

EDIT: Merged

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:36 pm

I think an UR adventure that gave you an item would be good. Like munchy pill or laxative pill or something.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:27 pm

A Toilet sounds more like a Clan thing to me. It is something a Group of people share in most cases. I'd say about 1mil would be fair for a +2bladder OR stomach once a day, the one you get is random, and it takes away from your FULLNESS or DRUNKNESS.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:08 am

How does using a TOILET make you more hungry?

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 am

idk, why don't you go do some research on the matter. ;P

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:07 am

Yeah, it doesn't really make sense that going to the bathroom would allow your bladder or stomach a larger capacity overall. Logically, you'd have to eat/drink something to have something to empty, and then it would free some room after you've eaten or drank.

That said, this is just a suggestion that may never be implemented, and how much of the game really adheres to logic anyway?

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:09 pm

FWIW, I can't actually imagine us EVER having a toilet in the game, clan-based or otherwise. It's just gross and unnecessary. Sure we all do it but ewww... do we REALLY want it in a game?

I'm sure as we progress there will be more ways of reliably increasing your ability to consume food and/or drinks, and other ways to improve the number of turns you can get in any given day. Right now, that's not a priority. Giving you things to do with the turns you DO have is much more important and is what we're currently working on.

By all means, feel free to continue the discussion, but I suggest moving away from the "toilet" concept to something more imaginative.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Hmm, Maybe a Dehydrator that is a Device that uses A TURN to lower the fullness of an Item. Only Things with a Fullness of 4+ can be dehydrated. And it could lower Fullness of an item by like 25%.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Okay, here's my idea. You all are going to love it and Gobb is going to implement it. That's how good it is.

Approximately mid-game-ish, by performing a set of as-of-yet determined actions, you will gain the ability to perform an optional Paradox University Medical Department side-quest that will take several hundred turns and potentially many days of adventuring and moolah-spending to complete. Once this action is complete, you will have the ability to adventure in the Paradox University Experimental Surgery Department to undergo a once-per-reset experimental operation that will reduce your bladder and stomach to 0 each.

Performing this side-quest will drastically increase you current run's turn count, so it would be counter-intuitive for a speed run, but on the positive side, you could queue up the surgery for some point further in your run when you need a stomach/bladder refill. Now granted, if you're not attempting a speed run, there's really no reason why you couldn't just wait for the next intermission for your refill, but this could exist for the sole purpose of getting the "toileters" to shut the fuck up.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Heh, nice one.