Idea For your "Class" System

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

Idea For your "Class" System

Unread post by heliosa10 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:25 pm

Since I've read your not planning to have regular classes and more about choices I was thinking you could have this system where like you could have 3 choices for example in one adventure. One makes you more bravado oriented, one Brawn oriented ect. The more you focus on one stat in these adventures the harder it is to gain points from the other ones. The points work as in you do a brawn action a little bar, hidden from view grows. If it's filled it resets and becomes harder to fill while giving you a new skill or bonus plus a boost to your brawn. And the other bars grow harder to fill than the one your focusing on. So this way if you focus on getting smarter it's harder to get braver or stronger and vice versa for all the stats. A example of a skill you get would be for Brains maybe on of the skills could be spending a turn at combat analyzing the enemy for weaknesses, raising your attack and defense during this one combat. Or a Bravado one could be roaring, stunning the enemy temporary. Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Idea For your "Class" System

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Actually... that's a pretty damned good idea, and extremely simple to implement. I mean, the amount of stats you get from a combat is already distributed according to your attack type, and there are various stat aligned nombat choices, but there's nothing that modifies the stat distribution according to your existing dominant stat.

Regarding skills, the plan at the moment is to develop a skill tree type affair, using a points distribution system a-la Diablo or similar games. That's a whole new mechanic and will be something I'll be looking at fairly carefully in the new year.

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

Re: Idea For your "Class" System

Unread post by heliosa10 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Well, I'm just glad I thought of a good idea :D