New Chat Channel Idea

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

New Chat Channel Idea

Unread post by heliosa10 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Hey. I noticed there are no places for Role Playing. Perhaps we could make a channel for it?
Last edited by heliosa10 on Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: New Chat Channel Idea

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:35 pm

So what, exactly, is "RP" and why do we need/want a channel for it?

EDIT: Turns out, in this context, "RP" means "Role Playing", and the question I ask is the same I ask whenever someone suggests a new channel:

"Why do we need a chat channel for it? ie. what benefit is there to Paradox as a whole in having a special interest chat channel for that subject, as opposed to, say, cars or chocolate or fluffy bunnies?"

mastechno
Chat Moderator

Unread post by mastechno » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:19 pm

I believe that would be something for forums posting rather than a chat channel in game. imo

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:43 am

Okay I'm changing my proposal. I say that a creative channel or board of any kind could be beneficial as people like being creative and a central board or channel to do so would be beneficial so people would have more than just the occasional contest to excersize their creativity. And that's my proposal.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:29 pm

I'm not sure I entirely understand what you're asking for. Care to add some more detail, and explain why the existing chat channels/forums aren't suitable for the purpose?

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:34 pm

I'll specify. I was think maybe a story writers board in the forum could be benefical so people could have a place to have their stories at as in if example: Some one makes a really cool story and want's to share this wonderful story with the rest of the forum. They go put it in the forum and voila the rest of the forum could see. I'm not saying a writers forum in general but maybe a artistic forum for art, stories and all that kind of stuff.

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:46 pm

As a role player, I understand your excitement for doing so and asking for a specific place to put your writing.

But, here is my opinion on this.

There are several sites online dedicated *specifically* to role playing, many of which welcome all caliber or writers and a slew of different topics, from fan-fiction to original stories and characters. Paradox is not one of these sites and, if a place on the forums WAS created to do such a thing, I could not see any other topics being role played in there save for things RELATED to Paradox, which is not what you are asking for.

This request seems very out of place and therefore, it is one that I cannot support.

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Very well. I concede. Still, I disagree with you but I realise this request shall not be fulfilled.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Don't forget, you can always make use of the Community, Miscellaneous and Contests forums, but just consider whether what you're posting is appropriate for the Paradox community, or whether it might be better suited to something else.