Outfit Ideas/suggestions

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Outfit Ideas/suggestions

Unread post by jupider » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:53 pm

The following items should be combinable to complete an outfit:
Spoiler:
Lab coat, lab goggles, pocket calculator, intense infrared emitter
The problem is, both the second and third items on that list are accessories. Perhaps the third could be changed to an off-hand to accommodate?
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

mastechno
Chat Moderator

Re: Outfit Ideas/suggestions

Unread post by mastechno » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:02 am

nah teh
Spoiler:
pocket calculator

should be bling! ;)

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:31 am

And you could be a Scientist!

soaK
Forum Addict

Unread post by soaK » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:49 am

You guys know naught about science. You totally need the lucky tie if you want to amount to anything as a scientist! :-P
Nunc id vides - nunc ne vides.

thedudeabides
Forum Regular

Unread post by thedudeabides » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:28 am

Back off man. I'm a scientist!

pw079
Forum Poster

Unread post by pw079 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:46 am

I really like that idead. It just makes sense to make it an outfit really. But, there would need to be a cool pair of pants to go with it
~PW079

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:54 pm

Following the Topic...

So, there aren't many unique things with outfits, which makes you wonder whats the big difference between having outfits and not having outfits. I was thinking maybe having a Watch Maker/Designer. There could be watch artwork for the various outfits. http://www.mouse-watches.com/mickey_mouse_watches.htm ... Just a few examples of what I'm talking about, this would be for like a Mouse outfit or something blah blah blah. The nice little thing here is you could have any time showing on the watches or just make them digitals and have them always displaying IN-GAME time (or an option to select what time they showed based on the displayer setting. This is definitely something I wouldn't even start to expect right now... Especially since there is the whole Artwork requirement tagged to the idea. Just thought I would put it out there in case you wanted to put it on the long LONG agenda of to do stuffs.

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 am

I don't understand that suggestion at all. Maybe I'm just not awake enough or something...

Ok wait.. so you are suggesting all the outfits have different watch icons when equipped? I think that's what I'm getting from this. I guess that would go with the clock theme. Not really sure where this would display though. ToG has your little character pic that changes, but we don't really have something like that.

Also, with having the watch show the time.. cute idea but not really necessary imo since it's already displayed on-screen and I'd imagine it might cause unnecessary server load.

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:23 pm

I think what mack is suggesting is that the watches be a collection in ones SC or have them be like TOG and tattoos that players can show off in there profiles.... and this is not a bad idea if the watches fit the outfits....exp. Jogger's Getup (And Go) would have a watch that looks like something a runner would wear.... simple digital cheap but must have a stop watch..

it would be cool if the watches could be worn as bling... just for showing off or displayed in the SC but a tattoo type system would be also a great and simple idea

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:12 pm

basicly what Vis said, about ToG/Tattoos... the whole equip a watch thing defeats the purpose... any effect you would give the watch could just be an outfit effect, and some outfits already have bling. Basicly the watch Image would be like a character watch. Like the Disney/Cartoon watches they make with like Betty Boop and stuff on them. The whole time thing was just a suggestion for a bit of extra flare, as you can see, i also mentioned just putting a SET time on there, and I also mentioned letting the time on the watch be changed to a Time Zone with the displayer setting. Not that any of that would be necessary at all, just saying it would be kinda cool. And it shouldn't add any more lag than the DATE/TIME tab adds, it wouldn't be live updating or anything, just would refresh with the page.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 am

Since we already have images for all the encounters, why not make it a simple top-down view of a wristwatch, and have the interior of the watch face be one of the monsters that drops the items necessary for the outfit, or the NPC from whom the pieces may be bought? That would cut down on the work involved in implementing a rudimentary version of this idea, and still give us something cool that is both pertinent and e-peen-worthy. Would that be too spoilerific?

-jB

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:57 am

something like that would be sufficient for say noobish easy drop outfits, the rarer outfits however should be a bit more unique, AKA christmas and other holiday attire.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:08 pm

Heh ok it took me a few goes to get the hang of this thread, but I think I have it now. Basically, you'd like something like KoL's outfit tattoos that show up in your profile to show to others what outfits you've found, and you're suggesting a watchmaker who would make you a watch if you see him with an outfit equipped. Is that about right?

Assuming it is, I was actually pondering this this morning, and I agree it'd be nice to display what outfits you've found, other than the existing "X outfits discovered" thing.

Watches? Yeah, I can see that I guess. Display your current "watch" in your profile (with your equipment??), and have a "watch collection" somewhere to display the rest?

Not entirely sure how to display it, but I'm sure someone can make a suitable suggestion???

Oh, PS. At least 6 of the current outfits have bonuses that affect your adventuring. So far as I know, most of this hasn't been spaded yet :)

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:26 am

What if you could BUY a slot in your showcase for these items, and you had to buy them once they were unlocked, like an award? Of course, they shouldn't be run-specific so we would all already qualify for the ones for which we already meet the criteria. That way, they wouldn't have to have descriptions or effects and they wouldn't have to be equippable, and they cannot be moved out of their shelf...you can choose which ones to display maybe?

-jB

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:09 am

Well Jimmy, if it is like the KoL tattoos, you would have to visit the watchmaker for him to embed your image on the faceplate.

As far as the Showcase add on... i think that is a nice little idea, make those who wish to display more than one of what they have pay an extra fee to display them, otherwise, i think you just make them accessable in the same fashion as the stickers and awards, but dont make them displayable. As far as selection goes for displaying one, just make it like the custom avatar screen or something I suppose... just check the one you want and update button to finish that bad boy off. xD

Elusis
Forum Addict

Unread post by Elusis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:44 am

Gobberwart wrote:Oh, PS. At least 6 of the current outfits have bonuses that affect your adventuring. So far as I know, most of this hasn't been spaded yet :)
Noticed this with Emerald Ensemble when I was farming for gold rings ages ago. I was less effective if I replaced the shirt with the Shiny Shirt.