Manage Items Idea

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

Manage Items Idea

Unread post by heliosa10 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:35 am

Maybe in the manage items section instead of there only being the default tab it could be organized into Miscellaneous, Equipment and Consumables? That way you don't have to go through a GIANT list to get stuff from your backpack to your stash.

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Manage Items Idea

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Makes sense, but there's a technical issue that has to be worked around (ie. if you have "Consumables" selected on the left and "Equipment" on the right, you can't move stuff from one to the other).

I'll put it on the todo list and see if I can figure something out.

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Thanks.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue May 26, 2009 6:34 pm

OK, done, with a small caveat: You can move items FROM any backpack section, but you can only move items TO the default backpack section.

Why? Because of the technical issue I mentioned earlier. It came down to a choice between writing some hideously complex code or leaving you with something that's probably no more than a minor inconvenience. Obviously if enough people REALLY want it changed, I'll reconsider but for now hopefully that should be enough.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:55 am

Oh yeah, I changed that didn't I? You CAN choose a backpack "compartment" as destination, but if the items aren't of the correct time, then the destination list won't update. The items will just disappear from the source list and appear to vanish. Of course, they'll go to the correct compartment. It's a little confusing and not one of my favourite bits of code but I can't really think of a better way to do it. Any suggestions welcome.