Suggestion About Respect Points!

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Blaize
Forum Addict

Suggestion About Respect Points!

Unread post by Blaize » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Tsk, my brain is working overtime tonight!

Anyway, it just occured to me whilst lurking around that when you get a respect point added to your profile, there isn't anything to tell you who added it. Now this is ok if you only have a few respect points but once you have quite a few it gets hard to figure out who has just respected you. I like to be able to thank someone and I thought that we could just have a message pop up in chat or a notification could just appear somewhere.

Discuss?

MrsO

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Suggestion About Respect Points!

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Already on the list.

Topic author
Blaize
Forum Addict

Unread post by Blaize » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:31 pm

Heh, yay!

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:30 pm

I concur ^^

pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Unread post by pandamonieum » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Taking this a mite further-- when you look to see who is respecting you, I think it would be nice if it said right there if you respected them too, yet. And have some kind of quick link or maybe checkboxes to respect them if you don't already. As it is now, I look, try to figure out which ones are new, click one, go their profile, respect them if I didn't yet (assuming I have no reason not to, which is unlikely), and then go back to my profile and do it again. and again. Till I figure I have them all covered.

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:43 am

There are several revamps planned for the initial respect system we rolled out. What you see in-game right now is just the rudimentary first interface. Once implemented, the new respect layout will be much more functional. Stay tuned...

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:53 pm

In the meantime, though, feel free to keep posting your ideas for the respect system. That way, when it's rewritten, we'll hopefully be able to cover it all.

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:54 am

glad to see this had already been discussed... several of us where in social today talking about the fact that when you have a certain level of Respect it is hard to tell who gave you recent respect..... we thought that a message telling you when someone has respected, dissrespected and even removed respect would be nice or even for your respect list to be in order from most recent instead of in order of player ID.... it was mentioned that respect should be annonymous... I personally would hate to see this... If you have enough Balls to disrespect someone they should have the right to know who it was... this will bring up some questions of people disrespecting others out of anger... and yes I see that happening.... but hopefully it never becomes a problem....

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Respect will never be anonymous. If you don't want to be seen to be respecting/disrespecting someone, then don't do it. We had that discussion a long time back, and that was the consensus.

I would definitely like to see a chat notification OR (if not in chat) some other kind of alert about respect/disrespect as it happens, and that will happen as soon as time and priorities allow.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Another suggestion in regards to the respect system:

When viewing the list of people who (dis)respect you, could there be an extra column indicating if you (dis)respect them back, and maybe even a method (i.e. checkbox, button) of doing so on the fly?
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:41 am

pandamonieum wrote:Taking this a mite further-- when you look to see who is respecting you, I think it would be nice if it said right there if you respected them too, yet. And have some kind of quick link or maybe checkboxes to respect them if you don't already. As it is now, I look, try to figure out which ones are new, click one, go their profile, respect them if I didn't yet (assuming I have no reason not to, which is unlikely), and then go back to my profile and do it again. and again. Till I figure I have them all covered.
I *think* this is what you are talking about, judiper. Grokly said it will come in time.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:05 pm

It will. It's definitely a good suggestion and it's on the list.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:31 am

Yeah. Sorry for the redundancy. I did a really quick scan of the whole page before posting, but I obviously overlooked panda's. Sorry for the redundancy. On another note, I have also read the topic regarding the Fun Police, so I won't be too upset if this doesn't happen any time soon.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Okay. Just browsed through this thread and have 2 things to add:

1. When viewing a player's profile, could it indicate if that player is showing their respect to you? Currently it says:
<playername> currently has X-Y respect (X positive, Y negative).
You currently [respect|disrespect|have no opinion of] <playername>

Could a line be added saying:
<playername> currently [respects|disrespects|has no opinion] of you.

??

and 2. Perhaps we could implement a Kudos system, where a player can nominate another player for a Kudos point for doing something outstanding. When nominating, you need to fill in a box giving the reason for the Kudos and a mod must review it to approve it. Once it's approved, the receiving player's profile would be updated with how many Kudos they now have. I realize this could potentially be abused by multis and liars (or a combination of the two) and that it may add more work to the mods that they either can't or won't want to do, but I would like to know what other think of it.
Just an idea. Discuss.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:02 pm

1. Yes please.

2. Seems excessive, just do a forum post in Thankful For section or whatever. :P

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:04 pm

1. Yep. Added to the list.

2. Yeah, I don't know too many mods who'd want to be spending all their time doing that to be honest. Might be something to look at later if we can find a way of better automating it.