Radio chat channel?

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
eL JoEy
Forum Addict

Radio chat channel?

Unread post by eL JoEy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:11 am

I've noticed that more people are listening to the radio station and talking about them in /social.

I thought maybe if there was a channel for talking about music and radio-related things that would be cool.
For example, in radio channel:
"Isn't this song from that movie?"
"Yeah, this song is great"
"Wow.. Want to talk about music tastes?" well not exactly like that but you know.

Not sure if its been suggested already but what do you think? :)

pandamonieum
Forum Poster

Re: Radio chat channel?

Unread post by pandamonieum » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:10 pm

heh, being a dj on rfx myself I gotta say "woot!". That means I dig it. 8) Thanks Joey!

Though I should add that http://www.planetrfx.com has it's own chat room there and you're all welcome to come hang out with us. I still think an in-game room would be good, b/c I don't really expect that many players to want to have multiple chats in different windows going.

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Funny you guys should mention this. There has already been some discussion going on...

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:28 pm

Yeah and I'm really not sure how i totally feel on it yet. I love the idea of a radio channel and totally think it as worth implementing as any other channel we have. We just need to gauge the ratio of the number of channels to players and figure out if it's worth it at the current moment i think.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Please bear in mind that the radio station is not an official part of the game and won't be controlled/run/managed by the game's devs.

As a community function, therefore, what we need first is for someone to put their hand up to take on a leadership role for the radio station from a Paradox perspective, as per this thread.

Once this happens, that person will then be in a position to work out what we need, and I'll do everything I can to help and encourage it.

In the meantime, if nobody wants to run with it, it has to take a back seat to actual game development.