About the leader boards and resetting

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

About the leader boards and resetting

Unread post by heliosa10 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:05 pm

Could it be possible to be put on the leader board if you qualify, or just having your run end in general, as soon as you beat legion? I don't see why we have to reset again to have our runs end..

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Re: About the leader boards and resetting

Unread post by SportGuy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 pm

I see a good reason for you actually...it makes you choose between the board and giving up a few turns or using those turns because they matter to you more...make your choice and stand by it, i say.

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:51 pm

I had to choose between a award and the leader board. I choose the board but still I wish I could of done both

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:00 pm

At this stage, there's no such thing as "qualifying" - you either reset (and end the run) or you don't.

Changing this is a major mechanics change and won't be happening in the near future.

Topic author
heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:22 pm

I'm curious though as to why you have to reset to end the run. And how does it change mechanics. I don't want to seem mean but I just don't understand.

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:24 pm

It's probably best to assume it's a long drawn out code explanation that you don't really want then and take his word on it.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:19 pm

heliosa10 wrote:I'm curious though as to why you have to reset to end the run. And how does it change mechanics. I don't want to seem mean but I just don't understand.
Mean? Not at all. The simple answer is that the code isn't set up to work that way at this stage. Changing it would mean a fair bit of work and I don't see the point at this stage, since Legion isn't the end of the game and it'd just be something else to update whenever we add more content. Plus I have plenty of other things to work on that are much more important.

For now, please just accept that a "reset" means hitting the reset button, and that you have to choose which is more important to you - leaderboard position or something else.