Forum Banner Revamp?

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Who Wants a new Forum Banner?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:36 pm

I do!
100%
I don't! D:<
No votes
We Have a Forum banner? o.o
No votes

Total votes: 10

Topic author
Chachoregard
Forum Regular

Forum Banner Revamp?

Unread post by Chachoregard » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:36 pm

So, I was wondering if some of the users here at paradox could somehow get together to work on a new, spiffy forum banner? Something that makes it look outstandingly cool, and if possible, and if anyone knows how to work around a phpBB forum, to change the overall theme to fit the banner. Im just asking for a change in the logo, really.

So how about it?

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Re: Forum Banner Revamp?

Unread post by heliosa10 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Maybe we could make it similar to the games theme?

Grokly
Forum Addict

Re: Forum Banner Revamp?

Unread post by Grokly » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:40 pm

To be honest, we've been wanting to do this almost since the inception of the forums, but creating an entire new theme in phpBB3 is very time-consuming and we didn't just want to use someone else's theme design (unless it is as a basis for further customization).

It would be easy enough to add the Paradox banner we use in the game but we decided it wouldn't be all that cool looking without a theme which matches the look of the game interface.

If there is anyone who wants to try their hand at this, do the research and come up with something. Fair warning, however... while we cannot spend much time on the forum look at this stage (we'd rather devote our time to filling the game with content), it might be a good idea to run your concepts through Gobb or myself before spending hours and hours creating something that doesn't get used.