Classes?

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Chachoregard
Forum Regular

Classes?

Unread post by Chachoregard » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Not by "School" Classes, but like regular Classes.

Since there's three stats, Brawn, Brains and Bravado, then I assume that you can have two different classes in which you can start off as. Since you do start off in an University, I assume the way you can start off as is by basically going to whatever ways you can join an University (Brawn would be like getting a football/soccer/whatever sport scholarship and getting a full ride. Brains would be like entering PU with high grades in your "past school" and being given a full ride for your outstanding intelligence. Bravado classes will be sort of entering PU by means of monetary value. Parents have ridiculous amount of Moolah, so they could afford sending you to the University OR by "your parents"used to be part of an exclusive club and you were given a full ride to "Continue the Legacy".

So.

-Brawn Classes would start out as getting into Paradox University by Sport Scholarship.

-Brain Classes would start as getting into P. University because of having high grades and what not.

-Bravado Classes would start as being able to get into the University because they're parents are really frickin' rich, or because of an exclusive club that their parents used to be part of.

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Re: Classes?

Unread post by trogdorable » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:52 pm

I believe there are other topics suggesting or discussing class systems, and I believe the devs are working on taking this another direction. I could be wrong though.

LGOD
Forum Addict

Unread post by LGOD » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:19 pm

I believe it's like Diablo classes.
I don't know really. It's an old topic.
Much like jocks, geeks, socialites maybe?

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 pm

I prefer Jocks, Nerds and Preppies myself. But I kinda think we should have it with their being many branching directions in each of the groups for example Brains: Role Player, Computer Nerd, Sissie etc
Brawn: Football player, Soccer Player, Towel Boy etc.

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:46 pm

Wouldn't a towel boy be a nerd who wants to be a jock...i mean if we're going with senseless stereotypes all over again...

Besides I don't think this game's classes will be based off the university because the university is but a small part of the grand scheme...i think it will be based more off of time travel itself.

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Sporty's right. As has been said before, the University only appears to be a major part of the game because of the current lack of content. You will find, as the game progresses, that it is a very small part.
However, that doesn't mean you guys should stop posting your ideas. Seriously.

heliosa10
Forum Addict

Unread post by heliosa10 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:49 pm

Fine then. Here could be some examples of sub classes involving time travel. Hmmm...
Brains: Time Spreadsheeter: Uses Spreadsheets to manipulate time and space History Buff: Calls upon the powers of history books to summon to our time extremely powerful explorers and bedroom programmers
Brawn: Robo Jock: A robotic jock sent from the future with one mission. To pick on the nerds of the past. Ultra Person: After a powerful dose of future steroids is brought to the past by all this time traveling, this is born.
Bravado: Jerk of the Future: A human who traveled back in time to play pranks and be a dick in the past.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:35 pm

There are already a plethora of topics on this... um, topic. Locked.

EDIT: On reflection, this one is probably better than the others. Unlocked again.

And yes, the University plays a part in the game, but it is NOT the central theme of the game, and classes will NEVER be based on University groups/clubs/whatevers so just forget about "jocks", "nerds", "preppies" whatever because... just no. We definitely have ideas on this and are actively working on a class-like system, but by all means feel free to make any suggestions. Nothing's set in concrete just yet.