Daily Content

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
unknownZ
Chat Moderator

Daily Content

Unread post by unknownZ » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:09 pm

An interesting topic brought up to chat some days ago. Wouldn't it be great to have some sort of daily content? What is meant by daily content is like kol daily content for example: The daily dungeon, Bounty hunter, etc. Now I made this topic for all players to post their ideas here for the devs to see. Ill probably write my idea at some point when I think it through as well. :roll:

McFeisty
Chat Moderator

Re: Daily Content

Unread post by McFeisty » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Ooh, yeah, bring back the Wabbit Hunter and the magic helmet! Maybe we can be seeking something else, though. Or Riley O'Rly, maybe. Okay, probably someone completely different, but I do like the idea of bounty or something to be hunted every day. Daily dungeon is a bit boring, but depending on what kind of spin devs could make on it...

Maybe a wheel to spin for a boss battle. Initially, maybe bring back Legion and Queen Anty, other bosses in the works, or maybe just a bunch of new people to fight. Spin the wheel 3 times a day, say, with a chance to win moolah, prizes, or the elusive boss battle... Ooh! Extra turns, too! It would fit in very well with the Carnival...

Sky writing or something that shows up during battles, read the clues and find something... Now that would be difficult if one were speed-resetting, as rapidly clicking the last adventure would wipe anything like that out, but if you rolled it out, I'd try to rein in my speed clicking habits.

I'll think of more... :)
Last edited by McFeisty on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:52 am

Good thread idea, Z! I know we were talking about this a few days ago and I'm thinking hard (or hardly thinking) about it now, but since nothing's set in concrete quite yet, by all means go ahead and share any ideas you have.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:15 am

Sticking with the "Musical" aspect of the game, I've had an idea for a few days and this may be the place for it.

A karaoke bar.

You could go to the bar and elect to sing on stage. You'd be told the song you're going to sing and be presented with three or more choices of lines to sing. At first, the lines wouldn't be the correct ones, you'd need to perform some other actions to "discover" what they are. (This is the only part of my idea where I have no ideas.) If you've played Insult Sword Fighting from Monkey Island you should know exactly what I'm talking about. So anyway, after three to five rounds of line choices, you're awarded a prize based on what you picked. It could be anything from a booby prize (rotten tomatoes thrown at you) to something more useful (a food or drink item) or something diamondy (a sticker, perhaps?) There could be several songs to perform, and by finding the correct lines to all the songs and performing them all could put your name on a leaderboard?

Oh, and as for the "daily" aspect: "You just don't think your voice could handle any more singing today."
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Topic author
unknownZ
Chat Moderator

Unread post by unknownZ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:51 pm

jupider wrote: There could be several songs to perform, and by finding the correct lines to all the songs and performing them all could put your name on a leaderboard?
An Award could go well here ;)

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Okay, here's the first song I came up with:

(Parenthesized lines are the wrong lines that are initially given)
*Asterisked lines are the correct lines that you need to "discover"*

Song #1: AC/DC - Shook Me All Night Long

*'Cuz the walls were shakin'*
('Cuz the halls were painted)
(Cousin Walt was shakin')
('Cuz all hell was breakin')

*The earth was quakin'*
(The urn was taken)
(The hurt was fakin')
(We ate some bacon)

*My mind was achin'*
(The mime was yankin')
(The mine was vacant)
(While I was naked)

*And we were makin' it 'n' you...*
(By the tree rakin' when you...)
(Then we awakened when you...)
(And beer we're drinkin' 'cuz you...)

*Shook me all night long*
(Look good in a thong)
(Heard me sing this song)
(Put your pants on wrong)

Of course, this is just a rough early draft. It could (and perhaps should) be revised and improved.
If Gobb goes for it, feel free to submit your own. I only recommend that they be well-known songs. Seeing as AC/DC is from Australia, I figure it'd be a good band to start with.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:42 pm

/me grabs jupider and drags him into a quiet corner for further detailed discussion.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:16 am

I approve of karaoke in any form. *excitement!*

-jB