Combat Message Suggestions

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Combat Message Suggestions

Unread post by jupider » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:01 am

Just thought I'd start a thread for anyone interested in making combat message suggestions and/or changes. Please put typos in the Bug Report forum.

So, to start, I thought I'd add these:

Ceremonial ribbon-cutting scissors*:
-Miss: "Your opponent tosses a large ribbon off to the side and you, thinking you're some big-shot presenter, instinctively go after that instead."
-Fumble: "Due to the ridiculous size of your scissors, you lose your grip and drop them on your <body part>, poking yourself for X damage."
* Not sure if you want to bother with these since it's a limited item.

Intense infrared emitter:
-Miss: "Spotting a nearby cat, you move the laser point around on the ground, watching it feebly attempt to catch it. Remembering you forgot to take your Ritalin, you go back to what you were doing."

Padded Stick:
-Hit: "Knowing a padded stick won't do much damage, you repeatedly and violently pummel your opponent for X damage.
-Miss: "You hit your opponent, but, you know, it's a padded stick and doesn't do any damage.
-Miss: "Building up all the might you can muster, you smack your opponent, but it didn't appear to do any good. Unless making him/her/it more upset is good."
-Fumble: "Wondering if the padded stick really does hurt or not, you smack yourself in the <body part>, and apparently, if you do it right, it does work. X damage worth. Dumbass."

Short-handled pickaxe:
-Miss: "Trying to act all badass, you toss the pickaxe at your opponent with an "Aaaiiieee!!!!" Unfortunatly he/she/it sees it coming a mile away and quickly dive-rolls out of the way. Before he/she/it can get back up, you retrieve your axe."
-Miss: "You swing your pickaxe up over your head to attack, but it gets stuck in a wooden board over your head (where did that come from?) While your opponent is laughing hysterically at you, you yank it free."

Slingshot:
-Hit: "With no time to load a projectile, you run up on your opponent and snap him/her/it with just the elastic for X damage! Ouch! That'll leave a mark."
-Fumble: "You take out...and let it fly, watching it ricochet off a nearby rock, fly back and hit you in the <body part> for X damage."

Well, that's all the ideas I have for now. I know your worried more about getting new content and not the fluff, but you can always come back to this. And of course, you can change the grammar and whatnot to suit your desires.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Combat Message Suggestions

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:08 pm

Fluff, sure, but quick and easy. Most messages now added :)