Under New Management...

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Under New Management...

Unread post by jupider » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:14 am

Going into the Manage Stuff page can be an annoyance when you need to click on four different drop boxes to move an item or two. Could there be a way for a player to set defaults for what comes up automatically? Like if you're viewing your Showcase items, have a "( ) Default to this shelf in Manage Stuff" under each shelf heading? And when you click on the radio button, a popup would come up and say "Currently, Backpack/Equipment and Stash/Default are selected. Which would you like to change?" with simple 'The former,' 'The latter,' and 'Nevermind' buttons.

Or an even simpler method would be to simply have a cookie remember whatever the most recent selections were and use those. (This would reduce server load accessing the database, yes? It's not really information that needs to be stored in the database anyway, right?)

Anyway, let me know what you think.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Under New Management...

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Sounds reasonable, and I've added it to the to-do list. At this stage, though, I can't imagine it'll be done for <insert length delay>, so in the meantime... got greasemonkey?