Hole Of A Room

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Chachoregard
Forum Regular

Hole Of A Room

Unread post by Chachoregard » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:14 pm

I was wondering. if it was possible, would the description of Your Room would change as each device is installed.

For example:

(If You Have Nothing, and I do mean Nothing) (Also the standard of what everyone sees)
You're in a small, dimly-lit, and somewhat shabby room, that you rather grudgingly call home.

There's not much here. Just a bed and.. well, a door leading elsewhere, and that's got to be better.

(If you have the RCJG-4000 and no other devices)
You're in a small, dimly-lit, and somewhat shabby room, that you rather grudgingly call home.

There's not much here. Just a bed and.. well, a door leading elsewhere, and that's got to be better. There's also that RCJG-4000, which has been sitting there for as long as you can remember.

(If you have +2 installed devices)

It's a little sparce right now. Just a bed and a couple of other devices which you've picked up. It's rather nice, really.

(+3 Devices Installed)

It's not too bad in here. Just a bed and a nice assortment of devices in which you thought were necessary, and they fit pretty well.

(+4 Devices Installed)

Wow, is it me or is it starting to become a little cramped in here. Your "random" assortment of devices installed make it for a very nice room, if it means sacrificing some leg room, but you need those? Right?

(+5 and beyond Devices Installed)
Ok, you have a problem. All these devices that you have installed are starting to make things just a wee bit uncomfortable. You keep stubbing your toe, and it really, really hurts.

I mean, this is all just text, but it would be nice for the rooms of Paracites being a little more descriptive!

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Re: Hole Of A Room

Unread post by SportGuy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:52 am

but i don't wanna stub my toe :(

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Hole Of A Room

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:44 pm

I agree with you Chach, that rooms need to be made a bit more interesting, but not like that. Sure, the devices are installed in your room, but long-term they certainly won't be the focus, and I'm not keen on the idea of changing it now only to have to redo it later.