Holographic pair o' waste-of-TP?

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Holographic pair o' waste-of-TP?

Unread post by jupider » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:30 am

I was thinking: wouldn't it be better if the dice rewards scaled with how much TP you spent to use it? I mean, spending over 50 TP and getting a small amount of substats seem like a bit of a letdown. Let me know what you all think.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Holographic pair o' waste-of-TP?

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:26 pm

It's true you CAN spend a massive amount of TP for a very very small reward, but you can also spend a tiny amount of TP for a massive reward - if luck's on your side.

It's a dice-roll, and therefore the reward scales to how rare the resulting dice-roll value is. Rolling a seven is really really common, so the reward is pretty lame - rolling a 12 is significantly more rare, and the reward is significantly better.

I guess what I'm saying is that, if you WANT to keep spending TP beyond a certain point, knowing that there's a chance you're going to get a crappy reward, then that's your decision to make, but I don't think the rewards need to be changed to scale to match the TP cost.

Other thoughts?

lostcalpolydude
Forum Noob

Unread post by lostcalpolydude » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:12 pm

Huh, I was thinking about creating a thread about giving someone that recently started playing the option of spending large amounts of TP on useless stuff (a campground device where you could spend 20 TP to get a useless item that autosells for 1 moolah, call it Useless Item or something equally obvious maybe). If I rest (which I've stopped doing), I get a bunch of useless TP, because the first thing I can expect to be able to spend any TP on is something that requires getting 10k tickets for. So, um, be thankful that you have the option of spending that 50 TP on something, I guess is my point.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:23 pm

TP is pretty useless now... Point made, and it's valid at the moment. Not for long though.

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:06 pm

I understand your point, Gobb, I can see why you wouldn't want to have scaling rewards; so I'll just need to determine if I want to spend that 56 or even 84 TP in an attempt to decrease my bladder or stomach (because that is worth *any* TP cost!). And to counterpoint polydude, there are easily attainable weapons that consume TP if you were that determined to find something to actually use TP with.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Chachoregard
Forum Regular

Unread post by Chachoregard » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:47 pm

Doesnt any Gadget weapon use like 1 or 2 TP per use? Wouldnt it just drain away your TP if you weren't able to do a hit anyways?