General Item Suggestions

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Re: General Item Suggestions

Unread post by SportGuy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:23 am

McFeisty wrote:Suggestion-
Custom Chat Avatar (Icon) Support. Price - same as Custom Player Avatar Support, 1 token.

I've gotten a real kick out of Zamm's orange, and I think it would be a fun thing for others to be able to get, as well.

Mods and devs would probably be ineligible, or somehow restricted so they can still be recognized as 'those in power' in chat. Maybe MOD or DEV along the bottom of the icon?

Would perhaps increase demand for tokens, a good thing, and would add some fun and interest to chat.

This came up about 6 months ago (as a quick forum search for chat icon would show you) and gob's initial reply was "We considered that a while back and decided it would just get too confusing. At 16x16 pixels, distinguishing between ranks would get awfully difficult, and managing the images would be a nightmare for us. Not something we want to look at right now. Besides, we really *like* being the only people allowed to have custom chat icons. Makes us feel speshul "

Then a bit later someone brought up the idea about having chat icons dependent upon your class or something like that (thus bringing the icons down to a default and very finite number...and he said they'd think about this...i uhhh think they're still thinking.

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:25 am

SportGuy wrote:
McFeisty wrote:Suggestion-
Custom Chat Avatar (Icon) Support. Price - same as Custom Player Avatar Support, 1 token.

I've gotten a real kick out of Zamm's orange, and I think it would be a fun thing for others to be able to get, as well.

Mods and devs would probably be ineligible, or somehow restricted so they can still be recognized as 'those in power' in chat. Maybe MOD or DEV along the bottom of the icon?

Would perhaps increase demand for tokens, a good thing, and would add some fun and interest to chat.

This came up about 6 months ago (as a quick forum search for chat icon would show you) and gob's initial reply was "We considered that a while back and decided it would just get too confusing. At 16x16 pixels, distinguishing between ranks would get awfully difficult, and managing the images would be a nightmare for us. Not something we want to look at right now. Besides, we really *like* being the only people allowed to have custom chat icons. Makes us feel speshul "

Then a bit later someone brought up the idea about having chat icons dependent upon your class or something like that (thus bringing the icons down to a default and very finite number...and he said they'd think about this...i uhhh think they're still thinking.
And if this does get done ever (not saying it will just *if*) I don't think it should cost another token. I already think 1 token for the custom avatar support on your profile is a bit steep.

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:44 pm

actually the Avatar support is quite cheap in this game compared to a few others (KOL 5 Mr. As/$50) and (Twilight Heroes is 25 silver stars/$25)
so I was very surprised to see that it was only 1 token and that we could save up to and change at our whim 5 Avatars..... I think it is a very good deal compared to other games out there

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:00 pm

SportGuy wrote:This came up about 6 months ago (as a quick forum search for chat icon would show you) and gob's initial reply was "We considered that a while back and decided it would just get too confusing. At 16x16 pixels, distinguishing between ranks would get awfully difficult, and managing the images would be a nightmare for us. Not something we want to look at right now. Besides, we really *like* being the only people allowed to have custom chat icons. Makes us feel speshul "

Nobody's thinking about anything. Why would we be? We don't *have* classes yet, so what's the point in thinking about creating special chat icons for non-existent classes? That doesn't mean it won't happen when we *do* have classes but chat icons are not exactly high on our list of issues right now.

As I've said before, we are not considering ever allowing people to have their own custom chat icons, for the reasons previously stated. Right now, I've decided that it's funny to let Zamm be an orange for a short while, but he'll be back to normal before too long, so there's no need for anyone to get all jealous'n'stuff, k? :P

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Mods and Devs could just have a different colored hyperlink for a name. >.> just saying. :P

also... previously i meantioned something about special Clocks/watch designs that could be made by a clock maker in town to resemble the outfit you were wearing... well, this could easily be changed to an apparel store in the mall where you are wearing a certain outfit and get a custom icon to resemble the outfit as well... idk, just feeding the idea in a cleaver way. :)

Also, yeah, I dont think anyone should be focusing on this at all right now... keep to the class and skill development people. :)

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:03 am

commandermack wrote:Mods and Devs could just have a different colored hyperlink for a name. >.> just saying. :P
Then you'll want a custom color in chat.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:08 am

For the record, if the watch thing happens, I think that it should be retro-active...i.e. I get the watches for all the outfits I've discovered already before the content was rolled out. It's taken me a lot of time and convincing to get them unlocked and I'd prefer not to resort to a do-over.

-jB

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:09 am

Nobody's thinking about anything. Why would we be? We don't *have* classes yet, so what's the point in thinking about creating special chat icons for non-existent classes? That doesn't mean it won't happen when we *do* have classes but chat icons are not exactly high on our list of issues right now.

As I've said before, we are not considering ever allowing people to have their own custom chat icons, for the reasons previously stated. Right now, I've decided that it's funny to let Zamm be an orange for a short while, but he'll be back to normal before too long, so there's no need for anyone to get all jealous'n'stuff, k? :P

Sorry...I forget my sarcasm often doesn't translate well...the whole point with my uhhh i think they're still thinking was really to say pretty much what you just said...sorry for that confusion :D...kind of like if i said..."Wow really, I thought I was already playing a pastamancer...god i'm an idiot." ...sooo yeah.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:14 am

Cowboy wrote:
commandermack wrote:Mods and Devs could just have a different colored hyperlink for a name. >.> just saying. :P
Then you'll want a custom color in chat.
there is an answer for that... NO! xD

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:55 pm

jimmyBUFFET wrote:For the record, if the watch thing happens, I think that it should be retro-active...i.e. I get the watches for all the outfits I've discovered already before the content was rolled out. It's taken me a lot of time and convincing to get them unlocked and I'd prefer not to resort to a do-over.

-jB
Noted :)

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:59 am

Ultimate Never-Ending Gobbstopper

Type: 1-handed
Attack: 100
Damage Type: Random (because of the many types of colors a Gobstopper can be, i figure it randomly decides which it will be at the start of each combat ) (optionally every attack)

Option 1 Bonus (more likely to happen):
Candy's Surprise! (it drops a small chunk of Gobbstopper) (drop rate would be on a fixed amount of turns, example: KoL semi-rares, they drop at a random number of turns in a certain area. however this would drop after a certain number of turns 10-25 (randomly) and only if you are in a combat on that turn)
+10% bravado (optionally could add a solid amount like 10 or 20, 20 probably being the better option because of the higher level people)
-5-10 Opponent Level

Option 2 Bonus (less likely to happen because of the mechanics and the just awesomeness behind it):
Candy's Surprise! (it drops a small chunk of Gobbstopper, a medium chunk of Gobbstopper, or a large chunk of Gobbstopper) (drop rate would be on a fixed amount of turns, example: KoL semi-rares, they drop at a random number of turns in a certain area. however this would drop after a certain number of turns 10-25 (randomly) and only if you are in a combat on that turn) (the size is based on the opponents POWER, small 1-50, medium 51-70, large 71+)
+10% bravado (optionally could add a solid amount like 10 or 20, 20 probably being the better option because of the higher level people)
-5-10 Opponent Level

small chunk of Gobbstopper
Type: Food
Turns: 6-12
Fullness: 1
Substats: N/A

medium chunk of Gobbstopper
Turns: 16-24
Fullness: 2
Substats: 6 to all

large chunk of Gobbstopper
Turns: 36-42
Fullness: 3
Substats: 20 to all

unknownZ
Chat Moderator

Unread post by unknownZ » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:02 am

The food seem a little broken, alot of turns for little fullness compared to other LEI items that drop foods or drinks

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:23 am

The only item that drops food is the Toque, and it offers a very good COMBINING EFFECT with it. Weighing the regular effects then the food together... including how easy it is to get the food and all that. Also figure that the item that is more likely to get made is only going to drop the small ones.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:49 pm

I think this item should have some sort of Gobb pun. That is all.

-jB

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:34 pm

Doesnt the pudding drop food?

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Well, that is a Pet... so i obviously didn't count it. lol.

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:17 am

Ah. my bad, I thought it was still considered an LEI technically.

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:15 pm

It is.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:32 pm

yes, we all know. :roll: