General Item Suggestions

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

General Item Suggestions

Unread post by Cowboy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:53 pm

If you'd like to see that item in your brain in the game, post here! Try to include a description, use, and other information like autosell value, where it is obtained from, and the plural. :D
Last edited by Cowboy on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: General Item Suggestions

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:22 am

Meh. >.>

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:07 pm

I was with you up to the point where you started talking about coating items in cheese and chocolate for temporary enchantments on those items. It isn't actually possible to add modifiers to an individual instance of an item, and I have no plans (or interest) in changing a huge amount of code to make it possible. Back to the drawing board.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:16 am

I still think this game could use a non-alcoholic margarita.

no chocolate OR cheese, however.

-jB

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:19 am

non-alcoholic... that is the worst TABOO broken ever...

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:31 pm

That makes sense Gobb.

jimmey, why non-alchoholic margarita specifically?

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:08 pm

well, the only alcohol in this game seems to be the buff beer, unless you count the non-alcoholic-sounding shooters from the festive drink dispenser. I'm just trying to keep with the theme.

-jB

Elusis
Forum Addict

Unread post by Elusis » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:11 am

Cheap wine.

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:16 am

and champagne. I don't think the lack of tons of alcohol in the game now means we are trying to keep away from having alcohol. I just think it means more alcoholic drinks haven't been implemented yet... or I hope.

Also, wouldn't a non alcoholic margarita basically just be a salted glass of limeaide? If you liked them blended and without salt, we basically already have that. I think it's called a Sour lime Dixon Crushee. :D

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:29 pm

lol, Dixon crushee + dixon seasoning. lolz.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:14 am

well in that case, screw non-alcoholic. I like my margaritas blended with salt, then in the toilet bowl 12 hours later.

-jB

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:28 am

jimmy, you are a classy, classy man.

Diageous
Forum Poster

Unread post by Diageous » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Gas Mask
This took FOREVER!

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:15 pm

No item description or anything? Just a picture?

Diageous
Forum Poster

Unread post by Diageous » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:41 pm

A picture is worth 1337 words, isn't it?

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Yes but a picture AND a description is worth a possible item in the game...

Diageous
Forum Poster

Unread post by Diageous » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:16 am

Ok, well it's a gas mask. It could reduce poison damage and um help with projectiles or cause less fumbling with projectiles. Something a long those lines. Maybe it could have some other bonuses as well. Autosell: 50
Possibly found in the junk yard or manufactured or even put in an entirely new location

Lucky Dip

You scrummage through the <option> and see something shiny. You dig further and pull out a gas mask. You obtain 1 Gas Mask (5% chance)

Description: Who'd ever want to throw this out? Even if it's not completely functional, it should suffice if you're in a room with flatulent folk.

Outfit: Biohazards

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:32 pm

A mask that makes it harder to see that makes it easier to hit with projectiles.... WOW sign me up for this one

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:17 am

It would make it easier to BE hit, and have poison damage reduced.

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 am

I can see the poison thing NP but if anything the mask should limit visibility and make it harder to hit....

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 am

Yes it should.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 am

yeah, D+ for effort. :P

100% Poison Resistant, +5-10% fumbling, -2-3% item drops, -2-3% moolah drops, -2-3% stat gains, Instinctive Effect: strong lung

Strong Lung: 2-3% chance to heal 5% total HP and TP at the end of a combat.

(deeper breathing and less vision lead to things like this basicly)

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:25 pm

not a bad suggestion over all.... I think the heal % is high and would rather see a straight gain from it but that is me..... but to be honest in item like this would have little to no use in game at this point since we have what one encounter that does poison damage....

how about some item ideas for things we could use more of in game like some belts or gloves......

personally I would have loved to have seen a pair of gloves that gives a Pick Pocket like effect but was taken from us by the creation of the backpack buddy.... why could they not have been gloves.....

and I still think there should be a Moolah belt in the game.....

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:44 am

Well if you really wanna see an item in game, write it out in detail and submit it. There are templates available.

How would this glove work? Would it be possessed or something and in the middle of your fight when you're trying to hit, it just decides nevermind, I'll go and pickpocket instead? Just because one item does something, doesn't mean we can't have another item that does something similar, especially considering the backpack is a limited edition item. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing to have something that has a similar action but is not as high powered and drops regularly in the game. Depends on the execution and how well written the idea is. I would like to see where you are going with that idea.

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:42 am

yea I will write up the idea at some point... I would have just rather seen the back pack buddy have been a pair of gloves so that the flashlight was still a very viable in game item..... I think that form of the flashcube hurt the flashlight.... it has higher drop % and the potential item grabbing ability out ways the moolah and initiative gains....

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Well, yeah it "hurt" the flashlight. Wouldn't you EXPECT an item that can only be obtained through donating to be better than an item that was given away free, albeit to a limited number of people?

<begin sidetrack, not directed at anyone/thing in particular>

Consider why token items exist. The reality is that very few people would EVER donate if they weren't getting something for it, so we create limited edition items to reward those who help us to cover our costs and perhaps even turn a small profit. Some day. Maybe. Yes, we *intentionally* try to make those items better than regular items to make them attractive to donators.

Some people will argue that this gives an "unfair advantage" to donators, but that's not true. It gives an advantage, yes, but there's nothing "unfair" about it. In fact, donators are responsible for the fact that a free game exists at all, so instead of complaining about them (I know nobody has yet, but someone will), you should be thanking them if you enjoy playing the game even a little bit.

As a side note, regardless of what you can actually SEE happening, the dev team regularly spends upwards of 80 hours per week (combined) on developing this thing (planning, writing, drawing, coding, administration, foruming, resolving player disputes, testing, monitoring, complaining to hostv, even just being available) and not one of us gets paid a cent for it yet. In my case, it's pretty much consuming my entire life outside of work, and it's not even a little bit easy. Every time someone thanks us, either verbally or through donating, we're reminded of the fact that what we're doing is worthwhile and it keeps us going. Every time someone complains or does something incredibly selfish/ungrateful, we wonder why we bother. And we punch a kitten.

Apologies for the sidetrack in this thread, it just seemed an appropriate thing to mention at this point.

</sidetrack>

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:39 am

It's also worth noting that much like that other game token items are achievable in trade from other players...so with enough hard work and a little luck sometimes you can still get the item. It is indeed unfortunate that servers don't grow on trees and thus why contributions are always nice when possible.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:41 pm

SportGuy wrote:It's also worth noting that much like that other game token items are achievable in trade from other players...so with enough hard work and a little luck sometimes you can still get the item. It is indeed unfortunate that servers don't grow on trees and thus why contributions are always nice when possible.
Good point... A lot of online games don't allow for trading/selling of "Donation" items, because they want "YOU" to donate for them. Be kind that Paradox allows this marketing to occur so "YOU" don't have to pay to get all the features.

[on topic]

Yeah, i think the game could use more belts. Like:

the Reversible Yen-Yang belt. Reversible being a type of belt with 1 color on one side and another on the other, and Yen-Yang being countering attributes. So it would be a belt that would Add to something but take away from something of equal value, then be flippable to reverse the positives and negatives.

Chameleon-skin belt. Chameleons change to their surroundings, so this belt would double any effect given by your pants.

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:46 pm

commandermack wrote:Chameleon-skin belt. Chameleons change to their surroundings, so this belt would double any effect given by your pants.
Do you mean the belt has twice the effects of your pants PLUS the pants, resulting in 3x the effect, or just copy the effect from the pants resulting in 2x the effect. Sorry, it was unclear.

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:44 pm

I think something like the Chameleon belt would give you a standard chance to dodge... but just my thoughts kinda like you where blending into your environment... but I can see where you are going with your idea mack the belt kinda blends into the pants copying its power.... giving you the power x2.... problem would arise if there where some powerful pants in game at some point....

and I agree with Gobb 100% and in no way was trying to bitch.... just stating a preference as a player that is always looking for the most optimal set ups....

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:43 am

no one equipment piece should be any greater than another in actuality. i mean, yeah, it probably will happen, cus stuff happens... but yeah. 2x pants effect would be the effect, where it doubles any stated effect that isn't instinctive.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Wait, what? No piece of equipment should be greater than another? I'm sure I've misunderstood what you're saying there.

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Yeah I disagree. Why should a belt be the same as a chestpiece? You're much more likely to get hit in the chest than on the waist...

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:00 pm

no one said anything about chest pieces unless I missed something and the idea is the belt would only copy the power of the pants not the pants them self... we couldn't have that happening since Gobb prefers to go pant less already.... the belt would still retain its own defensive value and such if I am on the same page with what Mack is thinking... in some instances the defense of the belt could be higher then the pants

so lets say you where wearing the belt and leprechaun pants then you would get the powers granted by the pants..... and over all I think its a very interesting idea for a belt but without having a crystal ball the belt could become a broken item later on in game development....

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:00 am

I was just giving an example. But if it only copies the bonus, that would be fair and i'd support this chameleon skin belt.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:19 pm

Cowboy wrote:Yeah I disagree. Why should a belt be the same as a chestpiece? You're much more likely to get hit in the chest than on the waist...
Ok, yes, DEFENSIVELY the CHEST should be more valueable, but as far as EFFECTIVENESS, a belt is far more useful than a shirt is anyday. Different things have different specialties, and a belt's specialty is to help support the pants... or to give stylish flair... or to do something super innovative... like metal detect... who flippin' knows, right?
invisible wrote:no one said anything about chest pieces unless I missed something and the idea is the belt would only copy the power of the pants not the pants them self... we couldn't have that happening since Gobb prefers to go pant less already.... the belt would still retain its own defensive value and such if I am on the same page with what Mack is thinking... in some instances the defense of the belt could be higher then the pants

so lets say you where wearing the belt and leprechaun pants then you would get the powers granted by the pants..... and over all I think its a very interesting idea for a belt but without having a crystal ball the belt could become a broken item later on in game development....
Exactimoundo. :) With the Idea behind that any given [single type of equipment] shouldn't be any better than another [single type of equipment] in the long run. The best belt should be on or around par with the best pants, shirt, ring... so on and so forth, in overall design... AKA, DEF/ATK/EFFECT/OUTFIT REQUIREMENTS.... see these things all add in to what makes any single item useful.

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:48 am

This still doesn't discount the opportunity for a future LE item in this vein.

-jB

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:24 am

No, it definitely doesn't. I'm already considering the code required to implement something like that...

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:46 pm

wow Gobb listens

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:32 am

Yeah, he listens a lot actually, when people submit more than just incredibly vague ideas or give a really good reason for something.

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:13 pm

hum guess people cant tell when I am messing with Gobb.....

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:25 pm

nope

hammertime hammer pants? :p lol

idk, hammertime.

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:52 pm

hammertimer: accessory that occasionally goes off in combat. Yells STOP and renders your opponent motionless, then hammers them for x damage.
but that's ok, cause your opponent can crawl away and apply some ice, ice baby.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:48 pm

that's cold, so cold. xD

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:17 am

that would make a killer weapon Idea.... and in amazing effect for the weapon.... I would love to see it in the game

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:32 pm

OK, so i was thinking the game could really use a Soiree Slug. The idea behind this came from Futurama's Slurms McGee, the party slug. I was thinking that he could drop a drink that is actually helpful for resetting (aka no teleporting) that was called slug soda or something way better. He could also block attacks by partying, restore TP by showing you some moves, "or" increase moolah drops for his entertainment skills.

Now I originally thought, hey, ok, this could be done several ways, but then i started talking with invisible... and well, I think that it would be best if you had to combined a crap load of slug droppings and drippings together, maybe with 2 eyeballs to make it. Giving people a huge reason to want to adventure in the woods other than to get trophies.

As for equipment, a standard pair of black shades would be great. :D

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:19 pm

the item should be something that would logically help him do what he does best, which seems to be partying, although partying at an event labeled soiree. IN this case, I would say that the shades should be replaced with something fancier, like a gigantic jewel-encrusted goblet or some sort of slinky black teddy (which just happens to be on an attractive female slug arm-candy...a point on which you decide to take your slug's word.)...shades just seem a little boring for something that would add 10 intensity to it.

-jB

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:27 am

over all I love this idea from the moment Mack mentioned it.... a Holopet we have to farm for and combine.... and I dont think the glasses are meant to give 10 to intensity only the 5 because it is not a Token Item..... and I was thinking they should be Cheap Sunglasses (ZZtop) because this Slug has so much charisma he dont need no fancy baubles.....

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:24 pm

haha, after i read jimmy's i was going to suggest a jewel-encrusted clock necklace... but i like vis's better. xD

McFeisty
Chat Moderator

Unread post by McFeisty » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Suggestion-
Custom Chat Avatar (Icon) Support. Price - same as Custom Player Avatar Support, 1 token.

I've gotten a real kick out of Zamm's orange, and I think it would be a fun thing for others to be able to get, as well.

Mods and devs would probably be ineligible, or somehow restricted so they can still be recognized as 'those in power' in chat. Maybe MOD or DEV along the bottom of the icon?

Would perhaps increase demand for tokens, a good thing, and would add some fun and interest to chat.