Piggy Bank

Got a suggestion as to how we can improve the game? Post it here!

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Piggy Bank

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:56 pm

piggybank.png
piggybank.png (5.26 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
A prize at the carnival... could be 5000 tickets or something.

HoloPet
Effect: Boosts moolah drops, higher intensity = higher boosts

OR

Effect: Collects coins from opponents, when its saves up enough gives you moolah, higher intensity = higher moolah gain when emptied, emptied less frequently
Last edited by Cowboy on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Piggy Bank

Unread post by commandermack » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:12 pm

this could have simply been added to the general item ideas page... lol.

I think the way the carnival is going, 5,000 tickets is a bit little, if it were me, id probably raise the value of the DICE and put something of about this value in its place.

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:22 pm

yes I would love to see this item added to the game it would be fun and maybe it could have in effect where it could be shook 5 times a day for a straight moolah drop or something (it would help in resets)..... and I agree with Mack and have suggested to Gobb before that some rotating and even higher cost items in the carnival would boost the ticket economy....

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:27 pm

invisible wrote:maybe it could have in effect where it could be shook 5 times a day for a straight moolah drop or something (it would help in resets)
I agree, it could be a selection from a drop down menu.

Also, limited time or even limited amount items could be fun... but it would have to be clear when they are leaving. (Limited time could just say when they are leaving the booth, limited item could show (X in stock) next to the item in the store)

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:41 pm

I like this idea, but am on the fence about the method of implementation...I'll sleep on it and voice my opinion in the morning, whether you like it or not!

-jB

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:40 pm

just wanted to add that this thing should Oink as a chat effect......

jimmyBUFFET
Forum Addict

Unread post by jimmyBUFFET » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:40 pm

I think if we're going to try to boost the usefulness of prize tickets, a HoloPet is definitely not the way to go, as it's something of which people will only get one, like the dice. On top of that, it seems like it would be way too much strain on the dev team to have to come up with not only LE items but carnival items as well on a regular basis.

As far as the piggy bank goes, keep in mind that we don't have any HoloPet discs that drop anywhere...maybe this could be one of those things? One-time drop, maybe even on a per-run basis if it seems too overpowered, or just throw it in the HoloPet store for some exorbitant amount of moolah (like 5000 or something, not overboard)

-jB

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:12 am

jimmyBUFFET wrote:I think if we're going to try to boost the usefulness of prize tickets, a HoloPet is definitely not the way to go, as it's something of which people will only get one, like the dice. On top of that, it seems like it would be way too much strain on the dev team to have to come up with not only LE items but carnival items as well on a regular basis.

As far as the piggy bank goes, keep in mind that we don't have any HoloPet discs that drop anywhere...maybe this could be one of those things? One-time drop, maybe even on a per-run basis if it seems too overpowered, or just throw it in the HoloPet store for some exorbitant amount of moolah (like 5000 or something, not overboard)

-jB

The only way too boost the usefulness of prize tickets is to have prizes that people want to buy, and need prize tickets to buy. There are a few ways to do this; good, reusable consumables in the store (food, drink, lotions/potions), very expensive items (so that people have to work towards them, I'm talking 10-50k tickets), or new items introduced periodically. I think the first two are the best options. So maybe we should raise the cost of some of the items, or have consumables in the store. Keep in mind none of these items should be a "must have" kind of thing. Just something that can help you out.

As far as HoloPets dropping, I am pretty sure those are going to come in the future.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Guys, please bear in mind that the prize booth and ticket farming are not a main part of the game, it's just a little something to give people something to do. We have no plans to "improve the usefulness of tickets" and we're certainly not going to spend a ton of time creating regular limited-edition items for it. Every now and then we might add something, but we're busy focusing on getting the game to beta, not fiddling with the sideshow.

Piggybank is a neat idea, but whether it belongs in the prize booth or elsewhere is debatable.

invisible
Forum Addict

Unread post by invisible » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Gobb bear us no mind this is just us being us and throwing random ideas into the pot and stirring it around.... over all I would love to see a holopet like this and would love to see some changes to the carnival prizes but yes Beta is way more important at this point.... But we can dream....

also JImmy I think you are wrong if players new that a item in the carnival might only be there for lets say 3 months and then be removed it would cause a buyers market and players would want to buy extras for potential resale in years to come.... I know I would

also one of the reasons I think some item rotation in the Carnival would be cool is this....

when new players join the game there is not many ways for them to make any kinda of profit to get themselves moving towards being apart of the economy and ticket farming could be a way for those players to make some Moolah and feel they are contributing to the game......

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:44 am

invisible wrote:Gobb bear us no mind this is just us being us and throwing random ideas into the pot and stirring it around.... over all I would love to see a holopet like this and would love to see some changes to the carnival prizes but yes Beta is way more important at this point.... But we can dream....

also JImmy I think you are wrong if players new that a item in the carnival might only be there for lets say 3 months and then be removed it would cause a buyers market and players would want to buy extras for potential resale in years to come.... I know I would

also one of the reasons I think some item rotation in the Carnival would be cool is this....

when new players join the game there is not many ways for them to make any kinda of profit to get themselves moving towards being apart of the economy and ticket farming could be a way for those players to make some Moolah and feel they are contributing to the game......

Like Gobb said this would be cool but require a lot of work and it's not a major part of the game. But, he told me he'd consider it further if I made descriptions and stuff. So stay tuned.