Trade/Swap/Buy/Sell/ Collectors Market Day!

Discuss contests and special events happening in Paradox.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Trade/Swap/Buy/Sell/ Collectors Market Day!

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:34 am

Hopefully the title pretty well says it all......... :lol:

Unknown Z's mod event isnt till the 30th of this month, and I just cant wait !! So I wont :P

Like me, people out there have a stack of saint pats stuff and easter stuff lying around, have collections they are trying to build. Or perhaps your just a buyer looking to complete an outfit, the math says that your likely to find what your looking for in a crowd of like minded souls..........

So Sunday evening ( the 25th i think), round about 6pm to 9pm (Aus time Monday 11 am I think), would seem like a reasonable time. Grok usually plays a show round 8 pm, so the worst that could happen is that you get to hear a few cool tunes. The best would be for you to be able to complete a collection, or find that hard to find item you have been after! :shock:

To qualify it as an event, Im happy to give light snacks and drinks ( and will), but the thrust of this is just to get together, have a bit of fun, listen to some tunes, stuff around, and do abit of horse trading :D Oh, and gauge interest........ cause if enough people want it, we might try a GALA trading day just before beta comes. Anyway, I hope to see you in chat on the day...... who knows what could happen when paracites assemble?? :lol:

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Trade/Swap/Buy/Sell/ Collectors Market Day!

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:09 am

Not much notice, nor time for word of mouth. But as a forum regular I of course will see it and will be there if I don't find something better to do. lol.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 pm

True mack, not much time, but then, how much is enough? :wink:

Its a very casual affair....... if one doesnt feel like trading, theres always the music, other paracites, or just sitting in chat and letting the awesomeness wash across you. Naturally, if there are more than 10 people, the "casual affair" will probably evolve into party mode, which usually evolves into madness and giveaways....... so if your state side on sunday evening and your at a loose end, the chances are that it will probably beat tv re runs :lol:

So spread the word....... we either make it fun, or its one less good time we could have had. :lol:

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Well........ SPLAT :lol:

What a dud, AND I was an hour late...... awesome!!

Still, it was only abit of a feel for interest at VERY short notice.........

However, the fact remains that beta is only about 2 months away, and when that hits, we are all gonna be just a little bit busier........ SO...... I ASK this question......

Would people like the idea of a GALA trade market day a week or 2 before beta, so they have the opportunity to complete collections and such before it gets "busy"? It could be like a final "alpha fling" with bells, whistles, Dj's. prizes, competitions and major giveaways........ Id like to see a REALLY HUGE blast of a party before we start jetting off to different time dimensions :P

Imput, themes, idea's and opinions would be gratefully accepted........... times running out, so dont sit on your hands people....... Paradox is made to give the people what they want......... I wanna make an alpha send off party exactly the way people want it........ all YOU have to do is guide me ( or mods/devs/admin) :lol:

So, I hand this open question over to you, the peoples........

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:17 am

I'd say DAY OF or DAY BEFORE, give people time to farm moolah and all that for the event. End of the world as we know it! xD

With that said, if you have spare moolah, come shopping my way, i pretty much have everything up for trade that people could be needing. lol.