Create a PARADOX "Charity Fund" competition

Discuss contests and special events happening in Paradox.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Create a PARADOX "Charity Fund" competition

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:49 pm

I was thinking of the amount of worthy causes out there..... like, the save the tuna (kill all dolphins) fund...... the one started by the national fishermans co-op....... the memememe charity, founded by aging hollywood actors guild and so on........

Id like people to champion their favourite charity and make an impassioned plea for funding, and why THEY should be funded.....

The winner gets a million moolah, second gets 500k and every entry that doesnt win, gets 100k for their efforts.......

The comp will close on april 22..... winners will be announced at the "spring into easter" event the following day. A 3rd prize of 250k will be allotted IF there are 10 entries or more......

Orgies for virginity awareness will not be accepted :P

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Create a PARADOX "Charity Fund" competition

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:15 am

Orgies for Abstinence Awareness then? :P

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:52 am

drawing a blank here...
Last edited by Cowboy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:01 am

The Paradox Society for the Preservation of Gazebos.

Gazebos have been given a bad name. Too often lately, people only wish harm upon them; whether it's trying to burn them down, shoot arrows at them, chop them up with an axe, or simply attack them with whatever they may have available, they don't deserve such an ill fate. I started this charity to give the defenseless gazebos of Paradox a place to call home, where the horrendous actions of vile passer-bys or fire-using mages can do them no harm. It's time we all stand up and protect those that are in need the most.

All donations received will go toward a fund to hire a Paladin to assist in protecting the local gazebos.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:05 pm

/me attacks the gazebo with the gazebo.

Fizzbin
Forum Addict

Unread post by Fizzbin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Friends, a terrible tragedy has happened. And it's not just people halfway across the world. No, it's happened right here in Paradox. And it could happen to YOU.

You see, on April First, mysterious powers were at work. People from all walks of life, from soda jerkers to folk-rock-country singers to cattle herders to dominatrices to coders-for-hire to jazz musician cats have been victimized.

Yes, victimized by LEPRECHAUNS. Please, open your hearts and your wallets to help those in need. Even if you can only spare an Iron Toque or two, it can make all the difference. Do you have a spare Infinite Roll of TP lying around? Or a Parrot Egg? We'll even accept donations of as little as one little Token of Appreciation. Please give generously so that the adventurers who protect us all from a not-at-all-imaginary threat can have all of the e-peen they deserve.

Thank you for listening.
Error: This signature no verb.

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:28 pm

BBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAAH OMG i love you all
The Spiff

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:08 pm

I need money to support my Hug Crusade. It is not as easy as it seems to get hugs out there. Would you believe that there are actually people out there that sometimes do not get hugs? Days and days with no actual physical contact or even Hug Vouchers? THAT is sad!!

Now, hugs are great. They can say many things. Some hugs show friendship, and some are so much more than that. Some hugs are to cheer someone up, and some are to celebrate. Hugs are just an amazing gift in our crazy and wild world.

What I propose is that in all locations in Paradox have a Paracite to hold signs and wear T-shirts that say “Free Hugs”. They will hug people that pass by as well as give them 2 Hug Vouchers. So they will be able to be hugged later as well, or so they can pass on hugs to other people they meet in their day.

The people will also hand out Free Hugs shirts to people who want to pick their own location to spread the Hug Crusade.

We need funding for signs, paint, and Free Hugs shirts.

There are currently people wanting to get this started in our Paradox Community. SallyFox has even agreed to spread the word of the Hug Crusade over by the Wall of Scrawl. No-one else was willing to wait around for people to show up armed with a Not-at-all-magic marker in their hand and offer them a hug.

Thanks for your support, Sally! Now you see why I really need this moolah!

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:35 am

I didn't realize that the hugs were in such dire distress, Ill get right on with my Mackie direct stimulus plan.

Zammorak
Forum Addict

Unread post by Zammorak » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:02 am

The Orange Resurrection Fund

For far too long has the Paradox orange been extinct. This delicious orange was eaten out of existence due to its delicious flavor, and great use in Paradox orange juice. The evidence of this can be found all throughout the junkyard, wandering waste-deep through Paradox orange juice containers. Fortunately, top scientists have found remnants of the once popular Paradox orange. All they need now need your help in the form of generous donations of funds to clone it back into existence! It's a very precise science that has taken years to develop, and all they require now is the parts to put the orange cloning machine together. You, yes, YOU can be part of the solution! Call in the next five minutes at 1-800-ORANGES, and we'll give you a free slingshot with your donation to prove your dedication to the cause. Operators are standing by.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Well, Zamm, I gave your charity a call and I may not be helping the orange come back, but I definitely think my termite problem will be taken care of now!

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:24 pm

:lol:

Eboli2x4
Forum Regular

Unread post by Eboli2x4 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:29 pm

There's been a movement that has caught my eye. It's a movement called "Stop the Hazing of Pimply Teenagers". Or PHFT as it's known. For too long, Pimply Teenagers, working at the DQS Kitchens, have been tortured by the scientists in the DQS Labs with impossible tasks. Requesting such items as "Left-handed hammers" and "tins of striped paint" have left many in piles of blubbering flesh. Some have been driven to insanity, ending up as carnies on the outskirts of town. Please help when you can, as these people are the future. It's time to break this cycle of violence. Please help me finance pamplets to educate these scientists. After all, they were once the pimply kid.....

darkgamr
Forum Addict

Unread post by darkgamr » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Folks, we live in difficult times. Across the world, billions lack access to fresh water, food and shelter. They have no means to access simple things that me and you take for granted, such as education and information. We at Apple hope to remedy this issue with our new "iPhonesⓇ for Africa™" campaign. With your help, we can supply each and every African child with an Apple iPhoneⓇ allowing them access to the internet and all the information they now so sorely lack. Each phone has been activated with an AT&T™' 3G plan(billed to the iPhoneⓇ's recipient) so they are able to access the internet even though their village lacks a wired internet system. Donate today to help the suffering of those less fortunate than you, help them get the iPhonesⓇ they so desperately need.

This advertisement has been funded by Apple Inc™.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:51 am

Comp CLOSED :shock:

Thanks to all who entered......... winners will be announced at the spring event and will be posted here shortly after the events end :D

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:46 pm

Winner is.......danananananananana! Jupiter! Well done good fun! :D

Second is..... danananananananna! Jazzycat! Usual awesomeness :P

Thanks to all entrants........much appreciated! <3

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks Sally!!!!! I feel that I had already won thanks to a friend helping to support my cause. It is nice to know that hugs are so valued!

Thanks also for running another fun contest! I enjoyed reading the entries.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:53 pm

BOO-YA!!! Thank you for another fun contest and wonderful prize! Everyone did such a fantastic job, I really chuckled on this one. Keep it up!

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:01 am

Conga Ratz to all the winners and entries!!!!!

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:04 am

aww, i want a Conga-Rat. :(