Make Rakka give you things!

Discuss contests and special events happening in Paradox.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Make Rakka give you things!

Unread post by Rakkasan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Okay... here's my contest.

Make "In-Character" paradox-content based... creations, and I'll give you stuff.

So write a story about your character and their friends and adventures in Paradox City... write poetry or a lab report for that course you're taking at Paradox University... create and record a summer top-40 hit parody song... a poster or video trailer for a smash movie coming out at the SuperMegaGoogolplex this month... anything that can be read, heard, viewed online, make it, enter it, laugh about it. I want to be entertained. Yep!

So, entrants have until the day before Z's event (June 24th - Friday) to enter their works. Send them to me via email, host the files somewhere and post the link to them here, whatever works to get it up. On the day of the event, I'll talk about them on RFX, play any audio file entries, talk about comments on them, and someone will judge the entries, and awards will be given out...

Enter? Big Award. Make smarmy comments about entries on thread? Award. Place in the top spots? Huge Award. Make the judge tell me that I have to give you cool things because your entry rocks socks? HUGE SUPER COOL AWARD.

I'm not saying what the awards and prizes all are going to specifically be, but trust me when I say that they'll all be great.

I'll update this as needed... so get busy!

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Make Rakka give you things!

Unread post by commandermack » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:49 pm

lol, i was just going to begz0r, but you actually want me to write, conartist! *kicks you in shin* lol.

IDK, i don't really like to write stories, so I'll come back to this if I feel like it.

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:08 pm

I love the flexibility you are giving for this contest! The choices are endless! "anything that can be read, heard, viewed online"! Where are all of our artists? I'd love to see some artwork and hear some songs related to Paradox!

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 am

Scuse me... :oops: Not sure what the prompt is here... what do we have to do?

Topic author
Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rakkasan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:53 am

Create something original. Make it be "about" Paradox.

Write an "in-character" tale about you and your friends in paradox. Write a funny "gag" Paradox University assignment paper. Make a parody song and record it to be played on the radio. Make a video short of some sort. Make/draw/paint a picture based on Paradox themes and content.

Something. Anything! If you make it, and it can be heard, seen, read or otherwise viewed online, it is fair game.

Make it. Send it to me, or post it or a link to it here, and it'll be viewed, talked about, judged, and rewarded!

That clear things up more? :)

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Nice! :D

Topic author
Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rakkasan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:06 am

Haha Kilgore, I love that picture. Great stuff. :) It reminds me of something from the band Klaxons, their Surfing the Void album cover has an orange-suited astronaut kitty that's very similar... Anyhow!

I think someone's now working on an original music composition that might be entered, we also have a cute picture with in-game reference added... and just over a week remaining!

There's evidently some confusion what I'm asking for, so I'll try again to sum things up, but more clearly. This is meant to be essentially an online talent contest, where people get to showcase their artistry and skill by submitting any sort of original multi-media work that they've made, using Paradox content as their inspiration. As long as it can be viewed/read/seen/heard online in some fashion, it's an acceptable format.

I'll now say that the awards will be large moolah infusions and useful items: food/drink/expendables and the like. And the first-place award? It will be a really nice rare and limited availability item of my choosing... I've not decided what, yet.

Topic author
Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rakkasan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:57 pm

That's not the only reason Christophine.

But I did get your submission "The Gazebo Wakes", an original instrumental composition of 1:31 duration, in .mp3 format at 128kbs.

Thank you for your entry.

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:23 pm

Yay Chrissy! Its sooooo GREAT to see you here!!

:D

Topic author
Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rakkasan » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:31 pm

You can't relurk now, Miss Chris... you must stay. Yes.

And I see you there. :shock:

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Deadline is quickly approaching!!!! Time to get busy being creative!

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Here are over 26 reasons why I play Paradox! The Musical!
There are many, many other reasons as well. However, this poem would go on forever if I were to list them all! This is sort of a whet your appetite sort of poem, not an all-inclusive sort of poem!
Enjoy!

awesome people, awards
backpack buddy
chat, contests, Charlie Gardens Memorial Park
Dixon Cider ™
events
festive paper hat
grandfather’s socks
Hug-o-matic hug voucher, holopets
intense infrared emitter
jolly red hat
Kool-Kat-Aid
legendary hard rock hat
Moolah Rouge Mall, Mine Camp F, Miner Minor
Naïve spring water
oversized novelty sunglasses
Paradox University
quick trash
replacement snot
Star-Crossed Scientist, Schrodinger Cat
token of appreciation
un-fun-sized candy bar
very heavy metal belt
Wall of Scrawl, Wiki Wakky Taffy
x-d specs
yule day
Zweit-Childer Mining Site

Topic author
Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rakkasan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Aaaaaand the entry period is closed!

I am now on RFX, and will be talking about the entries and awarding prizes during The Show!

Topic author
Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rakkasan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:48 pm

People who simply wandered in and made a comment of some sort about the comp or the entries or the people or the weather, whatever, gets a 50,000 moolah award just for speaking up!

Everyone who made and submitted an entry gets a 250,000 moolah award just for... doing that! Per Entry! You can still enter and get that, too! Enter! Are you not ENTERTAINED?

All four submissions are also eligible for one of the following prizes...

First Prize (Super Special Surprise ?????? Super-Prize!)
Second Prize (1,000,000 moolah)
Third Prize (500,000 moolah)
Fourth Prize (250,000 moolah)

Topic author
Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rakkasan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:52 pm

The results for the Creative Showcase of Creativity submissions are in, and Rakka is made to give you things! in the following fashion...

First Prize (Super Special Surprise DEFLATED RED SACK Super-Prize!): A Paradox! The Musical exclusive... Christophine's midilicious instrumental compositon "The Gazebo Wakes" as heard on RFX!
Second Prize (1,000,000 moolah): A rendition of KilgoreTrout's "On the twelfth day of christmas gobberwart gave to me" as performed live on RFX by Rakkasan!
Third Prize (500,000 moolah): JazzyCat's poetic free-verse alphabet of "over 26 reasons why I play Paradox! The Musical!" recited to hand-drumming in open-minded beatnik fashion by Rakkasan on RFX!
Fourth Prize (250,000 moolah): The stunningly composite photoshop creation of KilgoreTrout's entitled "Those Kamikaze squirrels make a walk in the park with your lady friend rather dangerous" as displayed on Paradox! The Musical's forums!

Thank you so much to everyone who participated in this and helped make for such a fun and entertaining experience for all!

Maybe this could become a regular ongoing thing of some sort too, who knows?!

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:09 am

yay all the winners! :D

pretty sweet.............