Flaming TORCH competition

Discuss contests and special events happening in Paradox.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Flaming TORCH competition

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:41 pm

In my opinion, this is the best item paradox has released in recent times............

Its useful, VERY rare and highly sought after..........and I still have scars from fighting Gobb to get a torch off him! :shock:

So............. This is what one needs to do to clamber over others in a quest to win this awesome item..........

Post and convince the secret judges (not me) as to why YOU deserve to carry the torch..........why you need it.........what you want to do with it. Heh, you can even plea a case of why eveyone else DOESNT deserve it :P The comp is open to everyone........even the few that already have a torch :P This is a HUGE prize, so a "Id just really like one" wont cut it :wink:

A consolation prize of 250k " A QUARTER OF A MILLION MOOLAH" will be given to the saddened runner up...............Entries CLOSE on dec 22...........winner and runner up announced and awarded at xmas event (which is on dec 23)

A real opportunity to have a grab at the ultimate brass ring.............. Have fun, get to it!! :lol:

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Re: Flaming TORCH competition

Unread post by Cowboy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:46 pm

I don't think I deserve the torch. I already have one, and I'm pretty wealthy. I would like it, but I don't think I deserve it.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Mebbe so Cowboy..........

But it would make a great xmas gift! After all........the winner can do with the torch as they wish......... and that includes giving it away to someone that doesnt have one........

So please, lets just have entries HERE........... not reasons for not entering, ok?

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Since I already have a Flaming Torch of Intolerance, if I had happened to receive another one I would give it away in a "Guess the number from 1 to 100" chat game. I only need one and I"m more than happy with that. Besides, if I had a second one, it would only encourage me to get 1,335 more to put them in my "1337" Showcase shelf. And I think we all know that that would be a rather futile endeavor.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:48 pm

2 replies........... no entries.

This thread isnt going to plan.................. PLEASE! I just want comp entries here........

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:08 am

Alright, fine.

I deserve the flaming torch of intolerance because I work my ass of every day, waking up early, going to class, working out, volunteering, helping people, and getting involved in campus events. Yeah, I know I'm privileged and lucky to be going to college. But I work hard. This means Paradox has to take the back burner, as I have other things to do. So, I don't think i'll be able to play much in the next couple years, even when reset comes out. Therefore, I will be falling behind in in-game wealth relative to other players, so the torch would be appreciated.

Zammorak
Forum Addict

Unread post by Zammorak » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Let me begin with why Cowboy should not receive such an item. He volunteers and helps people. Why in god's name would we award him the flaming torch of intolerance if he's just going to help people light their campfires with it?!

Now then, as for why I deserve such an item... First off, I missed getting one during the event. And it sucked. I then had to spend approximately 3 or 4 tokens worth to acquire one on my own. But not only that, I work hard every day to make this world a more intolerable place for everyone, creating equality through mutual hatred! I've even gone so far as to grow an evil goatee, publicly vilify people before running them out of town, and I'm currently in the market for a volcano lair to grow my orange field and conquer the planet! Just TRY and tell me that isn't behavior befitting a flaming torch of intolerance! I dare you! And keep in mind the doom ray hidden under that thin sheet is fully functional! -whips the sheet off of the doom ray, holding the shiny red button-

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:39 pm

sallyfox wrote:2 replies........... no entries.

This thread isnt going to plan.................. PLEASE! I just want comp entries here........

Sorry, maybe I didn't spell it out well enough:
jupider wrote:...if I had happened to receive another one I would give it away in a "Guess the number from 1 to 100" chat game.
:P

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:40 pm

I just want it to have it. :shock:

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Again I ponder Mack..........

Was that a comment or an entry...........? :(

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:40 am

an entry that won't cut it... since only entries are supposed to be posted here. :P

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:18 am

I feel that I deserve a flaming torch because I am sort of like a flaming torch in this game. I have been here to help light the way for others and my own light has burned strong in the 7 years that I have been around. There have been times that my flame has dimmed or even burnt out but all I need is a match to relight me on occasion and I am good to go again. Due to my constant positivity in chat and forums and the time I have spent helping behind the scenes throughout the years shows why I am a good candidate for this great prize. I will use the torch as a reminder to myself to keep the torch burning for the game and to be mindful of helping continue the momentum of moving the game forward.

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:34 am

Now that is a good entry Jazzy :D
The Spiff

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:22 pm

JazzyCat wrote:I feel that I deserve a flaming torch because I am sort of like a flaming torch in this game. I have been here to help light the way for others and my own light has burned strong in the 7 years that I have been around. There have been times that my flame has dimmed or even burnt out but all I need is a match to relight me on occasion and I am good to go again. Due to my constant positivity in chat and forums and the time I have spent helping behind the scenes throughout the years shows why I am a good candidate for this great prize. I will use the torch as a reminder to myself to keep the torch burning for the game and to be mindful of helping continue the momentum of moving the game forward.
Winnah. Hands down. I can't hold a candle (no pun intended) to that.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:24 am

Ya Jazzy wins... :D

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:49 pm