Greasemonkey Script Challenge

Discuss contests and special events happening in Paradox.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Greasemonkey Script Challenge

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Ok, so there's a task in my to-do list that, on reflection, isn't really something that I want to spend time on, since it's only really of use to spady types trying to figure out recipes. It occurs to me that this would be a perfect candidate for a greasemonkey script, so I'm issuing the challenge.

Basically, when attempting to find a new recipe, track the ingredients used and provide a link/button for people to automatically repeat the last attempt if the attempt fails.

I know how I'd go about it, but I'm curious to see if we have any closet greasemonkey types out there who could do it themselves and so I'm offering up a prize of 100,000 moolah for the first person to create a working greasemonkey script to do it. There's no due date, but your script must meet the following requirements:

1. It must work (ie. it must popuplate the contents of the "Recipe" listbox correctly based on the previous attempt, including updating the item counts in the "Available Ingredients" listbox)
2. It must not place ANY additional load on the game server.
3. It must integrate seamlessly with the "Combine Stuff" page.

If you need help, you know where I am.

Need to learn about Greasemonkey first? Check out http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not publish your script for anyone to use until I've approved it. I know I can't stop you but I'd like the opportunity to check it and provide feedback first.

Go for it!

LGOD
Forum Addict

Re: Greasemonkey Script Challenge

Unread post by LGOD » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:39 pm

But GOB, that requires me to READ! </whinewhinebatchmoan>

stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm very good at making almost working GM scripts they do nothing but have added happiness :D

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:12 pm

I'm starting to get the feeling that we don't have any budding scripters in the ranks yet, Gobb. Maybe that will change when summer turns to winter in the western hemisphere and all the smart students have to head back to class, where we all know there is nothing to do but spend time on other things whilst the professors prattle on.
:lol:

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Heh, certainly looks that way. Oh well, it'll just have to sit on the to-do list until someone does it or I get around to it. Good thing it's an open-ended contest :)

stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:45 am

Well if you look at it in the perspective that in ToG there were most likely only a few over 10 main stream GM makers that other people used and they had a relatively huge player base so I wouldn't hold your breath for any amazing coders to pop out of the wood work any time soon maybe we will be lucky, who knows.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Welcome to "Stating The Bleeding Obvious" hosted by Stroby :)

Doesn't change the fact that I'm not going to do it in a hurry, so if people want it, they'll either have to wait until I get to it, or make a GM script.

stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:18 pm

*bows*