End of November Contest and Chat Event! CLOSED

Discuss contests and special events happening in Paradox.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
trogdorable
Forum Addict

End of November Contest and Chat Event! CLOSED

Unread post by trogdorable » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:28 pm

I would like to announce an End of November Event! The main chat event will start on Saturday, November 28th at 6PM CST. There will be giveaways and games. At the main event I will be announcing the winner of the following contest.

You have until 11:59pm CST Friday, November 27th to submit a limerick about Paradox. The most amusing and/or hilarious limerick will win a weeks worth of Artery Hardeners and Spiders as well as 250k moolah! Please submit all entries via PMail to me, Trogdorable (#1022). Feel free to enter more than once.

If you are not sure exactly what a limerick is, here ya go: The standard form of a limerick is a stanza of five lines, with the first, second and fifth usually having eight or nine syllables and rhyming with one another, and the third and fourth usually having five or six syllables, and rhyming separately.

I look forward to your entries and hope to see you in chat on the 28th!
-----
For those of you who were not present in chat, the winner was jimmyBUFFET. The winning entry was:
the point must be one that you've missed
tis more than a staged mental tryst
mind fed by the eyes
paradoxical lies
for the musical doesn't exist

Congrats jimmy! The rest of you should have received a small consolation prize. Thank you for participating!
Last edited by trogdorable on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ElljaeT
Developer

Re: End of November Contest and Chat Event!

Unread post by ElljaeT » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:21 am

I just wanted to say, nice contest Trog. :-) by the 28th all of my reports should be finished so hopefully I'll be able to make it into chat and hang out with you guys for a while :-)

wheeeeeeee!!!

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:54 am

Well, since I can't enter the contest... well, I could but there's not a lot of point... I thought I'd write a "sample" limerick, for those of you who aren't sure. Remember, it needs to be paradox-themed and in correct limerick form as per the end of Trog's post. It can probably be a little bit rude, but I suggest avoiding trying to rhyme with "Nantuckett"...

Here goes *ahem*...

A fellow from Paradox City
Was feeling decidedly witty
He went into chat
But his jokes all fell flat
And the laughs that he got were just pity

That's two minutes work, so why not go ahead and spend a few minutes of your own time, enter Trog's contest and win something faaaabulous?

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:51 pm

Nice limerick Gobb.