Stuff we think you need to know.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Yule 2010

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Me again.

Just another of those posts I have to make that... well, it sucks but I have to post it because I don't want anyone labouring under any misapprehensions.

Fact is, I very very very much doubt there's going to be any Yule (Christmas) content this year, beyond maybe something like the birthday box that still has no content (I know, see my Beta update in the other announcement thread). I had desperately hoped that I'd be able to pull something together in time, even with the huge difference between the production and development code/database and I was even toying with some ideas that were kinda cool, if sort-of half-assed but then, we're used to that, right?

But then, as those of you who follow me on Facebook know, my stupid appendix went and got all mega-infected (and I do mean mega) so I've lost a week by being in hospital having surgery and IV antibiotics and stuff and now... well, there's just no chance at all. Two weeks until Christmas, and I haven't even done anything about my own family, let alone Paradox.

At the end of the day, Paradox is a labour of love for me. I wrote the game because I enjoy it, not to run as a business, and I made a decision recently not to let it destroy my life. My family and my health come first, and that means that... well I'm sorry but I know that those of you who know me will understand why this has to happen and will make your own entertainment over the Christmas period. There's plenty of stuff to go around, and plenty of love in the community to do it with.

Those of you whose inclination is to bitch and moan and complain about my decision... Yeah, you know exactly what I think you can do. Put it this way, there's no "I" in team, but there's a "U" in what you can do - in an offwardly direction. With all due respect. Get my drift?

To everyone else... Love you guys and miss you very much! Sincerely! I'll be back with a vengeance in the New Year, and ready to... um... kick some serious bottom.

Merry Muhfuh'n Christmas!

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Re: Yule 2010

Unread post by sodafett » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:07 pm

I hope your health continues to improve, bro, we are pulling for ya. :D

Eboli2x4
Forum Regular

Unread post by Eboli2x4 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Glad to see you about! I wish you continued health, friend!

Rakkasan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rakkasan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Get all betters, Gobb! Come chat more! Bum!

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:52 am

Please give us all a sticker and a bunch of bauble grenades. <3

Oh, and keep up the good work and get well soon :)

Werecat
Forum Poster

Unread post by Werecat » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 am

Hope you recover soon!

No worries about Paradox. :)

Aramada
Forum Regular

Unread post by Aramada » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 pm

You know what is awesome?

Not being dead.

Please continue to do what you need to to stay that way.

Things like Christmas are transitory...and hell this is PARADOX, it's about TIME. Why can't we have Christmas in May? Time warp, baby! Snow in July! Lots of options.

Having you and your family at 0% is simply not an option.

~Aramada

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Here here Aramanda......... your words ring true, and your wisdom is apparent......... :D

I need you as my speech writer.......I could not have said it better......

And yes, Gobb, take all the time you need! (but hurry up about it!) :lol:

<3

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:44 am

May you heal faster than Wolverine gobb.

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:54 pm

No probs Gobby! :wink:

Just glad you got through that episode........

As for NO christmas, you WERE kinda inaccurate........ you have 3 senior mods that were elected to carry some of the load when situations like this arise ( or when your up to your armpits in work)

Z, spiff and I are stepping up to the plate in regards to christmas..... I implore all paracites to scan the forums. VERY soon, christmas festivities (for the 12 days leading up to christmas) will be posted.

I m so glad your ok Gobb........ and Im so glad the seniors and mods of paradox have an opportunity to show you what we are really made of! Sit back and watch........... we ARE an impressive group :lol:

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Awww, what can I say? Ok, there will be no official, in-game, dev-driven, hard-coded Christmas/Yule this year. The community spirit, however, has balls of titanium. Or at least the senior mods do. You guys rock, and thanks everyone for your messages of support.

2010 has been a rough/eventful year for me, my family, and for pretty much everyone involved in building Paradox to a greater or lesser degree. Hell, somehow I even managed to forget to make special mention of the latest addition to the Paradox family, which is something I must attend to in a second).

2011 will be a much better year for all of us, I'm sure.

Jesus
Forum Noob

Unread post by Jesus » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 am

I want a box with an infected appendix in.

Doesnt do anything. Just to have.

<3 ya ya big goofy Gob

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:18 am

Aramada worded things perfectly. I also like what Jesus had to say!

sodafett
Chat Moderator

Unread post by sodafett » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:11 pm

I agree with Armada 1000% percent, Paradox IS about time, and it always will be, so hell, xmas in July or somesuch sounds quite awesome to me. :) 8)