Nerf Alert (CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

Stuff we think you need to know.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Nerf Alert (CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue May 20, 2014 7:54 pm

As part of what I'm somewhat endearingly (irritatingly? Grok, your call mate) calling the Airplane!* update (coming soon), a few items are about to undergo some changes, not all of which you're going to particularly like.

In particular, those Dixon Cider Spiders you lot seem to love so much are about to get a pounding, and will have their stats brought back into line with their non-alcoholic counterparts. They were originally overpowered because getting drunk was going to be a bad thing, but since drunkenness can actually be a very good thing if you manage it properly, they didn't work out as planned and they're being changed.

Other than that, changes are generally minor.

Sour Lime Dixon Crushees are going to have their stat alignment changed from Brawn/Bravado to pure Bravado, and will be replaced by something else of similarly icy deliciousness.

There's something else too, but I'm pretty sure it's a TINY tweak that you probably won't even notice. So tiny that it completely escapes me right now. If it comes back to me, I'll update this post.

Now, on the plus side, there are a whole bunch of new items about to turn up in the next couple of days. 21 in face. 1 item will drop from an adventure, the other is a purchase (pretty sure I just gave away where it comes from). The rest are recipes. I'll post an update when it happens.

Stay tuned.

Oh, and PS... word for the day is "caffeine". That is all.

*Did you know that the movie "Airplane!" is actually called "Flying High!" in most of the world, but was renamed "Airplane!" in the US because the drug reference in original movie title might offend some people. The boobies in that scene with the turbulence are perfectly OK though. Go figure.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Re: Nerf Alert (CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed May 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Seems fair. Don't know what i'll drink now, though :P

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu May 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Cowboy wrote:Seems fair. Don't know what i'll drink now, though :P
I'm sure you'll find something, although it might take a little more effort than before.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu May 22, 2014 1:32 pm

In case you're wondering, the new content is currently being tested by people who aren't me, just to make sure I didn't miss anything important. Once that's done, I'll make it live. Until then, continue to enjoy your non-nerfed spiders while the last.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri May 23, 2014 6:00 am

The new items, nerfs included, have been made live.