New Users Read This First

Stuff we think you need to know.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

New Users Read This First

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:00 am

Welcome to the Paradox! The Musical public forum!

This forum is here to provide a central point for public discussion about a new browser-based MMORPG called "Paradox! The Musical"

The game is currently undergoing development, with a handful of people involved in various aspects of development, including concepts, design, code, art-work and just generally playing the game to make sure it works properly. With luck and a favourable wind, I'm hoping to be able to open the game up for Beta testing some time in the second quarter of 2008 (although nothing's set in concrete).

Put simply, my intention is to establish a community-centric, fun and playable browser-based game.

I'm not about to make wild claims that this game will be "all-new, never-before-seen, hold-on-to-your-underpants, crazy fun happy good time yeah!", but I expect that it will be somewhat original, and hopefully will contain enough of the things we like and not so much of the things we don't.

I do have some ideas of where this is going, and I know that the game will (almost certainly, and in many cases already does) include:

- (Fun?) Quests
- Multiple character classes
- Original adventures
- Real-time chat
- Clans/guilds
- Trade
- Player vs Player (PvP) and co-operative play

It will definitely NOT include:

- Unnecessary complications
- Pointless repetitive "clicky clicky"
- Gratuitous "adult" (ie. childish) "humour". That's not to say there won't be anything of a slightly mature nature, but it won't be there just for the sake of being there. Think PG-13.
- ANY kind of tolerance towards scams, thieves, hackers, crackers, Packers (Green Bay or otherwise) or any kind of asshat behaviour towards others. No really, this is fundamental. If you want to be an idiot, go somewhere else.

It is also my intention that the game will always be free to play and open to all, although there will likely be some sort of donation system if only to cover my costs.

Why am I doing this? Well, it ain't for the fame and fortune, that's for sure. Although if you care to post me a package of either, I won't turn them away.

Basically, I enjoy a challenge and I'd just like to find out if I have what it takes to put something like this together. If I can bring enjoyment to anyone while I do it, so much the better.

Anyway, that's it for now, except to say that I've got a *LOT* of ideas, and intend to have more to see very very soon.

As soon as I figure out what <?php echo "Hello World" ?> means :D

Cheers,
Gobb