Latest Updates

Stuff we think you need to know.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Latest Updates

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:26 pm

Since the game's "Updates" are necessarily brief, thought I'd start this thread up to expand a bit on them as and when I can.

Today's update was a pretty big one in terms of the sheer amount of files that needed to be updated and (importantly) removed. So much so in fact that it was much quicker to simply delete all the files off the production server and re-upload from dev than to add/remove the 100+ files that needed it.

Fortunately, this time I remembered to copy the avatars to a temp folder first, so I didn't have to restore from backup. Again.

Anyway, the updates that were pushed today include:

- Modifications to several database tables, including extended user activity logging and changes to opponent elements.

- Implemented code to handle opponent elemental damage/resistance. Which will be awesome when I implement some elemental opponents.

- Added a wiki link to items and effects. What's a wiki link? Basically, a little "w" will appear next to some things which, if you click it, will take you to the corresponding page on the Paradox Wiki for that.. thing. If it exists. If not, talk to Spiff about creating it.

- Moved a ton of files around because of my CDO nature (that's like OCD, but in alphabetical order). Also because some files pertaining to the current site theme/skin were mixed into a non-theme directory, which will be a pain when I get around to making my "simple" theme.

- A bunch of minor bugfixes/tweaks.

I think that covers it, but as I mentioned, I have had to delete and reupload the site, so it's not impossible that something will be broken in some strange way.

If you find a bug, please report it through the in-game "Report A Bug" link, or in the Bug Reports forum here.

Cheers,
Gobb

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:08 pm

More updates:

- Changed a couple of opponents in the Test Fight zone so they have elemental damage/resistance.

- Added a player search box to the charpane, because it's a convenient place to have it and I have a plan to change the way clicking your own name in the charpane works which will necessitate having this search box somewhere else.

Actually, I may change the search so you can choose between searching for players, searching player stores and searching.. other stuff.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:22 pm

Added search player stores box under search player name box. I'll probably combine them into a slightly cooler single search box at some stage, but this should be a time saver.