Forum upgrade

Stuff we think you need to know.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Forum upgrade

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:04 pm

The forums have been upgraded from PHPBB2 to PHPBB3!

We had originally intended to do this in a separate installation, and fully test everything before going to production, BUT we don't want to have to maintain two separate copies of the database and.. well, what could *possibly* go wrong, right? Actually that's making light of what was actually a fairly big decision, and there was in fact a lot more thought put into it before going ahead.

We have a full (tested) backup so if there are any issues, we can easily roll back. Please post any problems in the Bug Reports forum so we can look at them.

Oh, please note that the old black/gold/red/blue forum theme is NOT compatible with this version. Please bear with us while we find/make a new one.

EDIT: The way forum structure and permissions (especially permissions) work is HUGELY different to version 2. I'm *fairly* certain they're OK now, but there were a couple of quirks I found and fixed so if you suddenly can't find or access a forum you used to be able to, please let me know.

EDIT2: There are a heap of new options available, and some behaviours that were default before are now optional, so please check your "User Control Panel" before reporting a bug.
Last edited by Gobberwart on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed stick duration (oooh, new feature!)