Multi-channel chat is here!

Stuff we think you need to know.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Multi-channel chat is here!

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:51 pm

Paradox chat is now at version 0.6.0 and comes complete with multiple chat channels for your confusio... erm, enjoyment.

Public chat channels are:
- lobby
- games
- trade
- flamewars

Granted, with only a handful of people in chat at the moment, multiple channels aren't entirely critical, but I wanted to get them in and thoroughly tested asap.

For information on the new commands, please visit the Wiki (http://www.paradoxwiki.com/index.php?ti ... t_Commands)

*Note: If your chat does NOT say version 0.6.0 (or greater), you will need to refresh your browser to make sure you have the latest version of the javascript. If you don't, chat will still work, but it will behave oddly.

The chat system is still very much a work in progress, and I have plans to add things like a right-click menu, coloured names/channels, macros etc. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to make them in the appropriate forum.

Any talented greasemonkiers out there who want to make a tabbed chat interface? I'd like to add that as part of the game, but it's not going to be a high priority, so if you'd like to have a go, feel free.