10,000 Moolah Referral Bonuses!

Stuff we think you need to know.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

10,000 Moolah Referral Bonuses!

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:30 pm

Despite the relatively successful public launch, new player registrations are a little on the slow side, and I'd love to see a lot more players. If nothing else, more players should help us properly test server load, database structure, etc.

To this end, the game has had a small modification made which will automatically pay a 10,000 Moolah "Referral Bonus" to any player who refers someone else to the game!

How does it work?

It's pretty simple, really. All you need to do is to give someone a link to the game which includes your player name as the referrer as follows:

http://www.paradoxthemusical.com/?refId=PLAYERNAME

For example, assuming that your playername is "MrWiggly" then the link you would give is http://www.paradoxthemusical.com/?refId=MrWiggly

Simple enough? No? I've also added the referral link to your player overview page in-game. Simply copy it from there and paste it wherever you need it.

Once someone signs up to Paradox using your link, validates their new account and logs on for the first time, a 10,000 Moolah Referral bonus will be automatically paid to your account.

That's it.

Where can I put the link?

There are any number of ways you can share your link with other people, such as:

- Send it to someone directly by email/instant message
- Put it in your email signature
- Put it in your signature on any forums you're a member of
- Post it in any APPROPRIATE forums you're a member of
- Add it to your Myspace/Facebook page
- Put it on your website
- Have it tattooed on your forehead

It is, however, EXTREMELY important that you don't spam people with it. If I receive any reports of people behaving in an annoying manner with this, I will get very cranky indeed. Very cranky. And a cranky Gobb is an unpleasant Gobb. Just ask my son.

Fraud and Multi Abuse

I really don't like having to say this, but it's a necessary evil.

It's pretty clear that this system is open to abuse by... well, people who like to abuse this kind of thing. I'm aware that it would be possible for someone with unlimited email addresses to theoretically spend some time creating a ridiculous number of accounts, receiving a 10,000 Moolah bonus each time.

If this is something you think you might be tempted to do, my advice is don't. Quite simply, it's dishonest, and I have put measures in place to detect this kind of abuse. Rest assured that anyone trying to do this will be caught almost immediately, and the penalties will be severe. See my note on cranky Gobb above.

I'm not joking on this one - don't test me.

Yuck, I hate having to say stuff like that. Really *sigh*.

Anyway, have at it and let me know how it goes.

Depending on how this goes, there may be additional rewards for people who achieve large numbers of referrals, and perhaps even a prize for people who are particularly creative about where they post their link.

As usual, any and all feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
Gobb