Semi-scheduled Outage - Resolved

Stuff we think you need to know.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Semi-scheduled Outage - Resolved

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:27 am

A couple of minutes after intermission today, I received an email from HostV informing me that they've started migrating us to a new node. In order to protect against data loss, I've put the site into maintenance mode, and will bring it back up once I know that everything's completed.

Unfortunately they haven't bothered to give me any kind of estimate as to how long the migration will take. I've asked them but no reply as yet. All I can do is keep an eye on it and bring it up as soon as possible.

Oh and in case you're wondering, I've called it "semi-scheduled" because.. well, I didn't schedule it but apparently HostV did.

Thanks for your patience.

UPDATE: Just got a reply from HostV to tell me the migration is still going on and they can't give me an exact ETA. Sorry guys.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Semi-scheduled Outage

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:55 am

UPDATE: While I've had no contact from the provider yet, it looks as though everything has been moved OK. I've had a look around and everything seems fine, so I'm going to take the site out of maintenance mode and hope for the best. Actually I'm going to bed. It's VERY late and I have to go to work in the morning.

Thanks for your patience!

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Semi-scheduled Outage

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:43 pm

UPDATE: Received confirmation of the migration completion and have checked everything out. All is working fine and we didn't lose any data. There was one very very small problem which has been fixed, but other than that I'm calling this done. Now let's hope it actually DOES fix the lag issues.