Site outage - October 8 2009

Stuff we think you need to know.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Site outage - October 8 2009

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Sorry guys, I don't know what's going on. All I know is that a number of services on the host are failing every few minutes, and I can't get in there to find out why. I've logged a critical support ticket with the provider and I'm hoping they'll attend to it as a "Critical" issue rather than taking a look at it when they get around to it.

I'm slightly worried that they may have decided to move Paradox to a different server without telling me (even though I asked them to let me know in advance, it wouldn't surprise me if they've just decided to go ahead), in which case there MAY be some data loss. How much loss? Impossible to say until the site's back up. If they were smart, they killed the old server, then moved all the data, and will then restart the new server... If they're smart.

Sigh.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Site outage - October 8 2009

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Site seems to be OK, and HostV have sent me a message to say "Check it now, let me know if there are still problems." As usual, no information from them as to what the problem may have been. I've asked for more info but I doubt I'll get it. Believe me, I'm seriously looking into changing hosting providers if we can afford it.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Re: Site outage - October 8 2009

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:53 pm

Something is definitely still not right, as the game just went down for no apparent reason right after I logged on a few minutes ago. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do from here, but as soon as I get home (a couple of days) I plan to do some serious log searching to see if there's anything happening on our side of things that might be causing these random outages.

Once I determine that there's not (and that's about 99% certain) I'll start harrassing HostV. Again.