Beta Is Coming!!!

Stuff we think you need to know.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Beta Is Coming!!!

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:40 pm

The Dev Team have now officially started working on the next phase of major game development, with the goal of reaching Beta as soon as possible.

We're astoundingly busy right now trying to get this all to come together, but we're going to do our best to keep you up-to-date with regular posts in our sparkly, shiny new Paradox Beta forum category.

LINK: Paradox Beta Forums

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

We Mean It This Time!

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:09 pm

After several months of... well, let's just say "crap" and leave it at that, I'm very very pleased and excited and happy and all kinds of good stuff to be able to announce that the Paradox Dev Team has decided to start on a renewed push to get this silly old game of ours to that elusive Beta stage!

No, I'm not joking. We really mean it. We did last time, too, but things didn't work out as planned. Life's like that.

There have been a LOT of ups and downs for all the members of the Dev Team since we started this game, especially since we first announced our push to Beta in January last year. Sadly, some of us didn't make it through the bumpy ride, and the Dev Team is now a couple of members smaller. I'm not going into that one here (if anywhere). Let's just say that the current team have spoken at length and we are ALL committed to doing what we need to do to get there.

Currently, the OFFICIAL members of the Dev Team are:

Gobberwart (#1)
ElljaeT (#2)
Grokly (#5)
Blaize (#17)

If you're wondering, Blaize was previously known as MrsORaptor. Long story. Not for this forum post.

What happens next is that we're going to dig up all our plans from last year, get all the good bits, throw out all the rubbish and start putting together a shiny new plan, together with all kinds of timelines and milestones and goals and ooooooh all kinds of fascinating project-managementy type stuff. Actually Grokly's going to do that, because he's really good at it and I'm just a codemonkey :) True story.

We will also be trying to get back in touch with all the people who, at one time or another, have offered to help out in terms of writing content, drawing things, testing, or whatever, and just generally trying to get ourselves organised again with the intent of actually doing this.

For reals!

Updates will be posted over in the Beta forum as and when they happen. In the meantime, if you want to get involved, feel free to contact either me or Grokly (preferably) or really anyone in the Dev Team at all, and we'll work out what we can do.

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Re: Beta Is Coming!!!

Unread post by JazzyCat » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:42 pm

A nice, strong Dev team! I look forward to this year!

Blaize
Forum Addict

Unread post by Blaize » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:08 am

/me dances around the schedule....

Yay!

xx

Werecat
Forum Poster

Unread post by Werecat » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:36 pm

More yay!!