Artist Desperately Needed.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Artist Desperately Needed.

Unread post by Ragazi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:45 am

Okay I am REALLY desperate here so if you can draw or know someone that can draw, hear me out.

I am an unpublished writer and I am wanting to make a web comic. Also let me stop any skeptic thoughts right here and now. I don't "think" I can write, I KNOW I can write. And my writing is of good caliber, its just really hard to break out in the industry as a writer. Unless you have enough money to publish yourself than its easy, but this is not an option for me at this time.

I currently have one web comic in the works and it is close to being released on the web. Me and the artist have been working on this for about 2 years now. The reason it has taken so long is because she is working on this in her spare time and it takes her about 6 months to finish one issue and we had agreed on having 5 issues done before any kind of release is done, this way we have backlog to work with in the event of a lapse in production. And what we have accomplished so far is cool and I am happy we are nearly complete with our goal.

Here is my dilemma though. I have an over active imagination, it runs rampant constantly. Even when I sleep. I am always working on something and this includes 3 other comic scripts that have been written down in some form and about 6 others that haven't even touched pen to paper yet.

Now you are probably wondering why this is a problem, well its simple really. It all falls back on money. Most artist that have considered working with me want at a minimum of 20 bucks a page. This is cash I do not have (considering 1 issue has 30+ pages. That's over 600$ worth of work). I totally understand wanting to get paid up front like that in this day and age considering the difficultly and the flood of comics hitting the market.

So if you can draw and are interested in doing something like a web comic. Please contact me either in game, through posting here OR at bill.rought@gmail.com. And if you are wondering what would be in it for you I got several self marketing techniques that I can utilize as well as connections with printing resources (this includes the books, tee-shirts and anything else that would be used in marketing). I also have access to contracts that would split the cost/profit 50/50 between both writer and artist (partnership contract). The secret to making this successfully is simply building up a fan base which would be done online, I already have the webspace and designer (my wife). So please contact me if you are interested. I promise this will pay off as you can see I got everything needed to do it except the artist.

P.S. Also many times (8 total. Yes I counted and that is not an exaggerated number) artist have come up to me offering to work with me (and I could tell they were not whole-hearted offers but my hopes blinded me) only to flake out and change their mind. With no real reason other than they are no longer interested or have lost inspiration on the subject matter. The last artist didn't take but a week to flake out on me. So please only serious offers.
Last edited by Ragazi on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Re: Artist Desprately Needed.

Unread post by Cowboy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Gob too :/

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:37 pm

I will help Gob in anyway he needs I have already sworn so. ;)

I just cant do coding. Not that I could help him right now with it if I could work coding.....

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:17 am

I think the only thing he is lacking is an artist and free time.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Free time, an artist, some kind of project management skills, and a better timezone :)

Topic author
Ragazi
Forum Addict

Unread post by Ragazi » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:47 am

Hey I got the project management skills, I just dont have a project to manage to show off mah skillz! The one i got currently isnt to terribly difficult to manage. Its so easy a caveman can do it! :p

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:54 pm

BTW you spelled "desprately" totally wrong. But I don't know how to spell it.

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Re: Artist Desperately Needed.

Unread post by sallyfox » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:24 pm

Idiot! Its speled despritlee..........

Seems Like Im borne to to teech :roll:

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Artist Desperately Needed.

Unread post by commandermack » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:15 am

daspriteless?

sodafett