Random Equipment

Discuss general aspects of game play, such as quests, content, items etc.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Random Equipment

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:57 am

I wrote a script to randomize your equipment. You need to be on the equipment page to execute it.

This could be used for games, I was thinking one where you tell them all the equipment in your inventory and the closest to guess the exact setup gets it. So if you guess the rarer items then there's a chance you won't win, but there's also a smaller chance because other people are likely to guess those things too. Risk-reward thing like Nobody Wants It.

This could also be run for long periods of time to discover new outfits. Which is probably not allowed. So, is it okay if I post it here Gobb?

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Re: Random Equipment

Unread post by Cowboy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:40 am

Reasons why you should let me post it:

1. A lot of people who even know how to run javascript snippets could probably code this themselves anyways.
2. I just ran it once a second for about 30 minutes and didn't discover the new outfit.
3. Leading off of 2, if someone ran it that long you could plainly see they are causing heavy server load and referee them.
4. It's fun, for games or just for shits n gigs, you could also do a random equip run where you randomize your equipment every X turns.

Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Hmmmmm....

Well, you're right, there's nothing to stop someone who knows Javascript writing something like this and running it.

Interesting concept, I can't REALLY say I have a massive issue with it at this stage. It hasn't caused massive server load, except that...

2. Is incorrect.

The fact that you didn't notice is strange.

Topic author
Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:42 am

I did discover the outfit, but not from the script.