Angry Horde strategy? (**SPOILERS**)

Need to find out how to do something? Here's the place to ask for help.

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Angry Horde strategy? (**SPOILERS**)

Unread post by jupider » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:03 pm

Okay, so I've done several strategies, but none of them work. No matter what I do or try to do, the Horde has 99 power and deals 100 +/- damage to me nearly every round. If I'm lucky enough to even hit the horde with my strongest available weapon (rock in a sock) then I can only do a measly 25 or so damage. And I only hit about every third or fourth round.

Personally, I feel I'm too high of a level to defeat it. There aren't any combat HP restorers that could heal me enough to survive and even if I could, I'd hit the 30 round limit before plinking it down anyway.

Unless I can find a way to deal at least 50-75 damage *every* round without boosting any of my stats, I guess I'll never beat it.

I'm open for any new strategies if anyone has any. Hopefully the Halloween content will stay around long enough.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Re: Angry Horde strategy? (**SPOILERS**)

Unread post by commandermack » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:06 pm

1st off, if you are wearing the monster outfit and using a rock in a sock, you are boosting your opponents level by 8... it is already a scaling mob, which means you should be objectively trying to lower the opponent level to make it easier. seeing as you need the outfit to encounter him, you need that on... you can however switch weapons. The elastic bat-a-ball seems to be the best as it will lower your chances of fumbling and dealing yet more damage to yourself.

If you were around for the 2011 st paddies, you should have a badge that will let you lower opponent level by 3 and you can equip 2 beige hornet super hero rings to get it down another 2... effectively making opponent lvl scaling -1... You should at this point be able to hit every now and then. With a heavy handbag on, and a pet that can absorb hits/deal damage, you should effectively have the win. You won't need a pet that drops extra moolah or loot, as those are fixed.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:06 pm

sadly, my advice is probably too late. sorry.

Topic author
jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Thanks anyway, mack. I don't think I could have done it, anyway. I already had the shamrock badge and hornet rings. Still had power 99. I was just too high of a level to do anything about it. Never tried the handbag or pet strategy, but I doubt either of them would have helped much since the horde was hitting me more than twice as often with 4 times as much efficacy. If I was weaker I could have utilized combat healing and attack items (like the furball, which damages *and* prevents attacks), but at my level they are all utterly useless.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:51 am

I lowered OL and used a bunch of combat items. Level 25.

commandermack
Chat Moderator

Unread post by commandermack » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:13 pm

same and i'm 36.

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:30 pm

(blows his nose and out flies 3 hard green nuggets)

eeW! Will you look at this!? And there was I, thinking you could only find something like these if you went panning down by Mine Camp F. I could not hit the mob with my weapon, but I bet this cluster of rock-like nuggets could put a dent in that mob's anger.
Ahhh.. Arrr... Auraaaaa-CHOOO!!!

(fondles his shiny new Flaming Torch Of Intolerance)

OUCH!! Whatwasi thinking!? Maybe I should store this thing in the fridge.