Paradox Prattle........ its a daily thing

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Re: Paradox Prattle........ its a daily thing

Unread post by sallyfox » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:21 am

Here here!

And I WILL be here......... ":D

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:53 am

Hey Jupider, good to see you!

Watcha been up to?? ":)

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:50 pm

Same ol', same ol'. Inhale, exhale... lather, rinse, repeat.

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:37 am

Hey jupy!
(Lordy and The Lads leap about the forums, dropping ice cubes down the back of everyone's trousers)

Ho! Ho!
They're not ice cubes!
They're diced reaper peppers!

April Fools!

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:33 pm

what's the news?

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:31 am

News Cowboy??

Its all good news.......... providing one is of the belief that NO news is good news...........

However, that could change at any moment.........I smell the winds of change

I miss you all heaps :frog:

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Tue May 02, 2017 12:40 am

Summer's onna way.

w00t! w00t!

My bud Wez, in Barry town, (Go, go! Gavin and Stacey) has a big back garden shed and teh f00l has only gone and transformed it into his own personal pub. Wee! Wee! Wee! We had had a grand ol' night on Sunday. A mate I haven't seen in some time joined us, along with Wez' missus Cath, their youngest and a neighbour. No palaver, no idiots huddled in the corner looking for grief - just good convo, a "few" pints (the light stuff for me, these days) a few games of darts and a few tokes.

Nice.

Cath even cooked us up an English breakfast in the morning. (A Welsh breakfast is the same, but with the addition of laverbread/seaweed).

nIIIce!

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Wed May 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Darts. Man, I haven't player an actual game of darts in years.

And what's the "light stuff" that you had? Just simple beers? And what wasn't so light for you back in the day? Straight-up 180-Proof moonshine?

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Mon May 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Ho! Ho!

jupy!

The Wezza and me use yo throw back some richt michty concoctions. But I told him beforehand, if we throw back 2 gallons 'a cider and smoke a half-dozen spliffs inside a' two hours, then I can guarantee, I'd bring it back up.
So - it was Coors Light for me (and a few spliffs to be sure).
180 proof ain't far off, for back in the day - it was 188 proof. A waaay back, in Canada, (I strongly recommend no-one gets serious with this stuff/ I would spit blood, drinking it straight) it was Quebecois pure grain alcohol at 94%.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Tue May 23, 2017 2:32 pm

CRETIN! Sound off!! Where you in Manchester or is that nowhere near you?

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Wed May 24, 2017 3:46 am

Me not sure.......... BUT

I check a time stamp on another site he plays, and it shows he played at some time today......... so I take that as a good sign

But yeah, sound off Lordy............

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Thu May 25, 2017 11:34 pm

Kevin be cool, thankyou.

I did log onto the games just long enough to show a presence. Paradox was the first game I played, where I would be missed and I did not put enough thought into saying that I am OK.
Manchester is something like a 3 or 4 hour drive north of me. On the night in question, I was on duty overnight, as a lone worker, watching over my own venue. As you might imagine, I didn't get much sleep that day. Our backstage yard was filled up with Iron Maiden trucks and buses, I did not work the Maiden, but by all accounts, there was heavy police activity and it went well.
I was on Facebook to a fellow guard (I'm joining him for a pint and a chitchat in a hour) who was watching over his own quiet venue when the news broke and I found the best place for breaking news was twitter @gmpolice
So, I'm OK.
Thanks.

and...
Ha! Yes! This ol' fool has discovered Facebook and it has been distracting me of late, late into the late shifts. If any of you can find Handyfool from Cardiff (same avi) and fancy taking a chance on landing what might turn out to be a goofy message or two on your timeline, then feel free to drop me a friend request.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Fri May 26, 2017 11:38 am

Wasn't sure how near/far you were from Manchester. Too bad you couldn't hang with Maiden. :( But glad to hear you weren't there--although I'm not sure why you'd be at an Ariana Grande concert to begin with, but I knew you worked concert venues.

and...
I sent you a friend request. I'm the stormtrooper avvy.

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Fri May 26, 2017 12:38 pm

Cool! 18 FB friends in and ha! I came to the conclusion at 8, that it would be impossible to keep up with. One of the guys laughed when I said that and replied, "Yer fekk'd now bra', Facebook is gonna take over yer life!"

As for who played Manchester on the night, I immediately thought - but it would be full of kids.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Fri May 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Well, you'll have no problem keeping up with me. I rarely post much of anything other than my kids' accomplishments and pictures that make me chuckle.

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sun May 28, 2017 8:28 pm

Cardiff is getting ready for its biggest event this year, the European football championships. I've worked some big events, but this one takes the biscuit. The amount of money being spent on the set-up and security is staggering. There are certain parts of the city where local residents (who don’t have a ticket) will have to carry the likes of a passport and household bill just to access their street.

The road I live on is about a mile long and it finishes at Cardiff Bay. The whole road AND the bay will be closed off to traffic for 4 days, with the area being used as a free festival ground. I have a gamey left foot, but luckily I am able to walk. I feel for them with serious mobility issues. There are some impressive road blocks just outside my bedroom window and my sister has said if the noise of the party makes sleep impossible, then I should spend the rest of the week sleeping at her place. I’m going to carry my passport/house bill back and forth, in case they do temporary closures due to overcrowding. At least I know alternative/back routes for walking in, but I don’t want to get to the last 50 yards at the park gate behind my place just to have a copper not believe that’s my flat that we’re both looking at.

I’m not a footie fan myself (I wouldn’t mind seeing some of the bands at the free stages), so I volunteered to work all my off days. Mostly because my manager at the arena is good to us and I know he’ll be seriously stretched on account of overseeing the fun at multiple locations. He’s already having some trouble getting enough staff just for the pre-event setting-up. Our whole venue is being used for hospitality by one beer company. The stage and the seating are all being stored away and the main arena floor is being re-built as The Heineken Hospitality Village - with its own tree-lined walkways.

I’ve nicknamed the whole event:

Football Insanity Live! Cardiff 2017

Mind though, I suppose I should stop putting that in email headings. In light of it being so shortly after Manchester happening, I expect most folk will be fine with the extra security.

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:44 pm

More terror, this time in London, starting on London Bridge. London is about 2 or 3 hours east of Cardiff. A van has plowed through pedestrians on the bridge, then at some point 3 men with knives got out of the van and went on a stabbing spree, killing and injuring people. A police officer who may have already been on the scene, is being treated for stab wound(s) and an armed police response team caught up with the murderers and shot them at nearby Borough Market.

As for Cardiff, the situation here is going well. I'm on an overnight shift three days into the football festival and our own event at the arena was successful. The Dutch team (they're asleep on their tour bus) that ran it are a lovely bunch and as far as I know the worst that has happened has been some complaints down the bay when the police issued some temporary closure orders to prevent overcrowding.

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:27 am

As a community, I think we should... commune.

I was thinking that once a week or so we could schedule 30 minutes for everyone to log in at the same time & chat.

Any takers?

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Cowboy wrote:As a community, I think we should... commune.

I was thinking that once a week or so we could schedule 30 minutes for everyone to log in at the same time & chat.

Any takers?
I love this idea. Kind of like a weekly chat event. Problem is, with players so scattered around the globe, living in different time zones, finding a day and time everyone can agree on is rather difficult and confusing. At least for me, it is. *shrug* So I think first we need to find a simple and coherent method of syncing up with each other.

Living in the Eastern time zone in the US, my best availability is usually around 6-10pm (which is 11pm-3am in Cardiff and 8am-12pm the following day in Sydney)

It would honestly probably be easier if we all just got together in a Skype or Messenger group.

What do others think?

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:30 am

Hey, hey cowboy!
I hope your studies have served you well. (pokes his mangled memory cells, but cannot recall how long it’s been) Contrary to what we’re all told growing up, post-educational studies is not the end-all-be-all, so if it has not worked out for you, then that’s cool and if it has… then fab!

I think we should all put flowers in our hair, dress in love beads made from runner beans, sport tie-dyed frilly vests and find a new home in the woods... oh, um...
Hurr! Hurr! There actually is a hippie commune about 10 miles from Cardiff, hidden away up in the woods. Apparently it was started in the 60’s and it’s one a them places that you'd never find, unless you already knew it was there. Wez showed me it once (at that time they had a walking/art trail and accepted visitors) and impressed I was.

I applaud your suggestion and hold hope for it, cowboy. jupy brings up a good point, and then there's my own lifestyle - I live to a different schedule on any given week. 6PM, 3AM or noon might all work for me, or hinder me. Indeed, if I'm on a very quiet night shift, then I can be available on and off for up to 9 or 10 hours. I've been like that for most of my working life and when combined with other issues, it’s just natural for me to not know what I'm doing on a future date. That's not to say I can't or won't make an effort. For example, I’ve managed to get my sister’s birthday off, so as I can join her for a scrumptious din-dins. (Mmm, I even have some overtime behind me, so I’m tempted to take her to one a them new gastronomic nouveau restaurants I know she’s interested in.)

That Messenger thing on Facebook has proven especially helpful, in allowing me and my brother in Canada to communicate, because he knows he can now leave a message and I'll get around to answering it when I see it. We’ve even managed to find ourselves on it at the same time.
(pssst…
shh, not too loud…
<.<…
>.>
isn’t facebook just riddled with viper’s nests?)

Bwa!Ha!Ha!

Up The Paradox!

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:57 am

Both of you raise good points! I do think it's unrealistic to find one time that everyone can always, or even usually go to. I certainly wouldn't be able to make a consistent date.

I agree that a messenger group would work better for coordinating, but I think we would have more of a sustained conversation dominated by those who check their phones often rather than a larger gathering filled with people we rarely see. I also think there's something to be said for using paradox chat, but also it's not about the game but the people. And not everyone uses Facebook or Skype.

In the coming weeks I can make one of those fancy doodle polls and we can vote on messenger/Skype/paradox chat and timing. I'd love to hear other ideas too.

P.S. cretin, I am still in school, 1 more year and will graduate on schedule. There have been setbacks but I do think it was valuable! I changed a lot and learned a lot.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:13 pm

Id agree to ANYTHING!! :frog:

I pop in here a few times a week, so please, PLEASE..........try anything

unknownZ
Chat Moderator

Unread post by unknownZ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:54 am

let do it :D

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 am

And a few months later........... :frog:

I'm still here a few times a week.......... The place seems abit ded, but it hasn't died..........its still here for a reason

I'm still here for a reason. Pop in here and say hi......... please ":)

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:04 am

Auntie Sally,
You naughty!
I was watching your telly adventures on Bob's Burgers the other night and...
YOU NAUGHTY!
A cheeky imp is you! Harr! Harr! You made me laffz0re with your cheeky boundary pushing improprieties.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:20 pm

Hey, all. I still pop in now and then. Don't watch Bob's Burgers, though.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:39 am

:eye: see.......... :frog:

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Boo!
(stomps onna ground)
ow! ow! Should not 'a done that, what with my foot'n all.
(blows kisses and praises to his foot)
A trojan ate my home pooter. Dang thang ate it and ate it real good. Riddled it with cantankerous nasties it did. And just to be rude, the wee deil slipped past my defences by hiding in an update to my cleaning program - CCcleaner. It took CCcleaner a month to find the bugger and get the message out. Too late for this fool. I'll never use them again.
So my access to the interwebz is gonna be a touch sporadic forra bit.
The good news is my computer didn't cost the Earth, so it's cheaper to buy another one than to pay a techie to fix it and forever wonder if the gremlin is still lurking. I'll just have to trawl the likes of Ebay, on quiet nightshifts, close to payday.

To end on a lighter note...
I start my weekend in one hour's time and 'cause 'a the shifts I do, my weekends are 4 days long.
YaY!

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:42 am

My week ends are about 7 days long.........

Its not all bad :frog:

Cowboy
Forum Addict

Unread post by Cowboy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:34 am

I'm going to be sitting in chat periodically for the next few weeks...

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:22 pm

(whispers:) it's gone all spooky quiet, these wee hours.

WE HAD KASABIAN TONIGHT AND A LOUD NIGHT IT WAS!

Just waiting for the Stone Sour tour to turn up.

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Apparently Photobucket thinks it's some kind of highfalutin site now and wants to charge $400/year for third-party hosting.

This means I will no longer have my neat little personalized "Wall of Scrawl" image in my signature anymore.

Bummer.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:24 am

Ah...... another paradox xmas eve, with the big day arriving here in Australia in about an hours time.

My thoughts are with family and friends.........so at this time of year I think of paradox.......and my family and friends that dwell within. I hope the festive season treats you all well.

Oh, and if you visit the veggie patch, Lordy and the boys will treat you all well ":)

Merry Christmas Paradox :frog:

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Ho! Ho! Ho!

MeRRRy Christmas from Wales to the foXX an all of you!

I'm on the nightshift and I'm giggly with anticipation! oo! oo! I thought I heard Santa's jingly jangles at midnight, but it was just some passing junkie yanking my chain. He piddled on past my gate, once I called out, "Happy Holidays."

oo! oo! I hope Santa brings me my beach front 2-bedroom penthouse with a private half-acre roof-top terrace. This year I toned down my list to just the one thing, 'cuz last year I was too greedy an all I got was a lump of coal and a bill for 3 bucks.

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Gee, its 2018........a slow forum start to this year :frog:

Happy Australia day for those that know of said celebrations...........

Cheers to Gobb for NOT shutting our home down <3 Hi to paracites everywhere! xo

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:20 am

:frog:

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:58 pm

I's a BIG BOY now
Seventh Paraversary
THE sticker for me

My web access remains sporadic for the time being. On the plus side, this here Cretin has to use up his annual leave and so I have some days off this month and the whole of March.

Wee!
Wee!!
Wee!!!

~huGGlez~ all 'round!

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:33 am

Great to see you two !

Between us 3, we have to re populate the paradox world!!

I will watch closely while you 2 start first :frog:

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:09 am

Er....... anytime your ready........... :frog:

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:03 pm

*you're :P

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:08 am

'tWAS suppose t'piddle down bukkets a day ,bud teh sun be shinning summick magnyficant an ol me is off forra walkies inna park.
Wee111

Mah 'ickle bro' from Canada is coming over in June and sis', me'n himself are off to stay in Valentia Island in Ireland for a week. We all stayed there in the 90s, when Mum was still about, so it will be nice - a requiem vacation, if you will. It's a right rural area, the kind'a place where the local copshop was only open on Wednesday afternoons. We might even get back out to the Skellig Islands, now made famous as a setting for Star Wars. Hmm... we'll see... it's a bit of an effort to get out there and I'll have to consider my balance issues on the week. But - it's all good, if I cannot go, then they can have a grand day out and I won't be put out being "stuck" in the pub on Valentia Island.

I'll raise a toast to mah Paradoxical butts!

Wee! Wee! Wee!

edit: The Soda Fett stumbled upon the Fool on FB, oo! (R.I.P. Radio Free Xangaka)

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:34 am

Cheers!

Its greenday isn't it??

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:30 am

Sure an' begorrah 'tis teh day fer teh green, so it is, so! John Bull may nay know it so, but teh Taffies west o' Offa's Dyke hold it true to teir hearts an' yer's truely'll be joinin' tem fer a pint'r two(ish)!
Happy St Paddy's Day t'ye all!

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:02 am

Well..........it looks close to curtain call :frog:

Lost for words, but thankful for the time. I guess we all need to move on and live a life after this...........

Thanks to Gobb.........and to my family here........I will NEVER forget paradox ()

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Tue May 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Waiting >.> ...........thinking :geek: ..........drinking :wine: ....... :frog:

LordCretin
Forum Addict

Unread post by LordCretin » Wed May 02, 2018 5:59 pm

O.o :'( :leaf: B) :deadsheep:

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Wow...… Looong maintainance!

Im hanging out...…….and hanging in there! ":)

Topic author
sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:25 pm

As above...……… ":)