Introduce Yourself

Talk about any non-gameplay-related happenings in the Paradox community (including chat).

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Introduce Yourself

Unread post by Gobberwart » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:45 pm

If you're new to the forums (or if you've not yet done so), please post a response to this thread, just to say "Hi" and let us know a bit about yourself.

For the record, I'm Gobberwart (duh!), a mid-30s Australian guy, who's trying to put this game together.

I'm very happily married (to ElljaeT who's on here somewhere) and have a young son.

I'm a software developer / systems administrator by profession, and (it would appear) in my off-time too.

I often speak in short sentences. In some cases, they begin with a preposition. Which is bad. I also over-use ellipses (or "round brackets" if you prefer).

Er, yeah, that's all I have to say about that </gump>

ElljaeT
Developer

Unread post by ElljaeT » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:07 am

Hi all I'm ElljaeT, I'm the above mentioned lucky lady married to Gobberwart.

I am nearly mid thirties myself and am a Primary school teacher here in Australia.

I don't really have anything else to say about myself right now but I'm sure you'll see/hear plenty more from me as you read on and hang out in Paradox.

Until then ...

Cheers,
Ell

JazzyCat
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JazzyCat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:21 am

I am JazzyCat. I currently live on Maui, though I grew up in Arizona and was lucky enough to live in Sweden for a year.

I am happily married and have two cats.

I am a teacher.

I am in my mid thirties.

I am the hugger of the bunch!

I need to work on beginning sentences with another word besides "I" when introducing myself! :-)

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:24 pm

Yo. I'm DrWolf aka Philosoraptor aka Pwner of All Things Fuzzy(ok, so I made that one up, but it's totally awesome regardless). I live in Missouri, though not on purpose. Basically, i'm that guy that you see at the party and wish you could be that cool, but then start to resent because you can't quite measure up, so you spread a bunch of nasty rumors about, but no one believes them because he's just too awesome, and eventually someone confronts the issue and finds out that it's totally not true, and you get made fun of for the rest of your life for being that loser who tried to besmirch the reputation of the most awesome guy around. And I also think that when introducting yourself, the word "I" should come up quite often...but that's just me.*shrug*

soaK
Forum Addict

Re: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by soaK » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:04 am

I'm a distributor of "hogs and kisses" and a total nerd. That includes larp, pen and paper rollplay, medieval swordfencing and reenactment, voracious reading of fantasy, equally voracious watching of any sci-fi movies I can get my dirty paws on and lots of other things too. Also I'm a scientist.
A little town in southern Austria (incidentally we don't all wear leather breeches and yodel from mountaintops all the time) is what I call home. Others call it backward, too small, dirty but I like it fine here.
I'm in my late twenties and don't really mind turning thirty soon.
If you met me somewhere you'd probably consider me to be an arrogant bitch. Fact is I'm too shy and people always get it wrong. Furthermore I tend to spout intellectual crap that noone around me wants to hear. 8)
Nunc id vides - nunc ne vides.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:08 am

soaK wrote:incidentally we don't all wear leather breeches and yodel from mountaintops all the time
should be "incidentally, and very disappointingly,..."

soaK
Forum Addict

Unread post by soaK » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Actually that would also offer a good explanation for why there are no kangaroos in Austria - they fled the terrible noise and crossed the oceans to reach the other end of the world. And now they have to put up with didgeridoos. Serves 'em right, heh.

ElljaeT
Developer

Unread post by ElljaeT » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:58 pm

lol and they were terrified of getting turned into breeches

art_bohemia
Forum Addict

Unread post by art_bohemia » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:25 am

Hey, I love leather pants! Although I'm not sure fuzzy leather roo pants are what I'm after.

I'm art_bohemia. I live with my lovely husband of 12+ years, Grokly, whom I've known since I was 18. I'm just about to hit 39 years old. We have 5 children together ranging in ages from 22 yrs to 7 yrs old.

In real life I'm a freelance artist who works from home. I enjoy spending time in the kitchen, crocheting, camping, good ol' AD&D (yes, we still run campaigns after all these years). Music is a large part of our lives as well. Karaoke? Bring it on! When it comes to movies, I love action adventure and Sci-Fi. I'm a big Doctor Who and Heroes fan.

You'll always be able to pick me out of a crowd. I'm the one overdressed for the occasion. Maybe that's underdressed. I get confused which is which.

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:33 am

Nothing wrong with being underdressed...*ahem*

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:05 pm

I wasn't aware there WAS such a thing as "underdressed" :)

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:59 am

It's one of those newfangled "politically correct" words. Nudists have decided that words like "nude", "naked", and "in the buff" are offensive...or at least that's my guess.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:45 am

Pshaw, who cares about what nudists think? Eh, nudists? :)

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:32 am

The same people who dislike words like "black", "homo", and "chick".*shrug*

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:06 am

Hello! Im Spiff! AKA Spiffalicious.

I Live in North Carolina

Just got a New Kitten Named Kilo, And I have Two Dogs

And I Love Lamp
The Spiff

Deo
Forum Addict

Unread post by Deo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:31 am

Hi everybody, I'm Deo, also known as Deo or just Deo.

I live in a place called Arva in a nice wee country called Ireland.

I enjoy long walks and swimming in pots of gold...

...why won't someone walk with me...

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Am I the only one who's not surprised that Spiff's new kitten is named Kilo?

soaK
Forum Addict

Unread post by soaK » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:27 pm

Deo wrote:...why won't someone walk with me...
"And we're all off to Dublin in the green, in the green, where the helmets glisten in the sun...."

Sorry, I love irish folk music :-)

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:40 am

Its Full Name is Kilo Mau lol like meow but mau tee-hee
The Spiff

Spiff
Wikinatrix

Unread post by Spiff » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:47 am

Hi Im Spiff and Im and Alcoholic....... Oh Wait Wrong Meeting :oops:
The Spiff

Deo
Forum Addict

Unread post by Deo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:47 am

soaK wrote:
Deo wrote:...why won't someone walk with me...
"And we're all off to Dublin in the green, in the green, where the helmets glisten in the sun...."

Sorry, I love irish folk music :-)
That's a piss take of a British song that was sang around the same time. I was written in 1916, our most... troubled year.

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:57 am

You were written in 1916? Creepy.

Deo
Forum Addict

Unread post by Deo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:56 am

lol, yeah, i'm getting old. :)

Grokly
Forum Addict

Unread post by Grokly » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:00 pm

Hi, I'm Grokly.

In real life, I play a Quality Assurance engineer, overworked, underpaid and still in search of time to write that novel I've been threatening to write my entire life. wtf is a Quality Assurance engineer? I'm the dude that has to prove to software engineers why their code is faulty so a decent product can be launched and the one who gets the blame for any bugs in that product that are found by customers in the field. Sounds like fun don't it? You should consider it as a career if you are young and wish to see the love of life crushed from your bones. Nah... it's not that bad. Seriously. I've also spent years in both IT client support and software development.

I'm older than you and your mom, yet I work at Google.

I'm easier than you and your mom. Okay, maybe not your mom.

I have specific information about DrWolf, SportGuy, RuPaul and Richard Simmons and am willing to sell same.

I have no sense of humor.

I met Gobberwart, as did many of you, when he showed up in the clan I belonged to in another online game. I've been an admirer of his talents since then. He coded our chat channel bot, coded an item delivery bot and several greasemonkey scripts that have been used and enjoyed by many. So when he asked me to help over here at Paradox - The Musical!, I couldn't refuse. Well, I could have refused, but I'm pretty sure that he would have pulled the trigger on the gun he had held to my head at the time.

Seriously though, it's an honor to be part of the Paradox team and I look forward to working with all of you.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 pm

Pulled the trigger, sure. But they won't let me buy bullets so you would've just got a head full of bubbles. Oh wait :)

As for "specific information", well, RuPaul and Richard Simmons I understand, but Sportguy and DrWolf? You sick, sick little boy.

EDIT: My mum is older, but shorter, than you.

SportGuy
Forum Addict

Unread post by SportGuy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:47 pm

It just occurred to me I never posted here guys! God, I suck. :D First of all let me just begin by saying I have NOTHING to do with Dr. Phil's, Rupaul's and Richard Simmon's love triangle. :D

Next, I'm a 22, 23 in October (send gifts, I like money.) year old guy living in small town, Wisconsin. I'm originally from the great metro that is Tampa, Florida where all but the last 4 years of my life were spent. I will always be a city slicker at heart. Why did I come to Wisconsin you ask? Well, the thing there is I got involved in a relationship and her family is here. Conclusion to that is, I'm now divorced. I still live in WI though because I'm semi-close to her family still and hate my own, not that I'd say I'm all that close to anyone in life. :D The relationship ended for a few reasons, but I'm not really bitter about it anymore. :D Hell, give me another couple years and I might actually go from just having crushes to going on dates again. :P

Let's see...I had a year of college in Florida at the U.S.F. I really have no idea what I want to be yet, mostly I kind of float through life honestly, for better or worse. I'm a good student though and should eventually get back. Currently, I work in a Photo Lab, not the most horrible job in the world really.

Umm, let's see a lot of people mentioned pets. I don't really have any actual pets of my own right now but I live with a room mate and he has a three cats. There was a dog, a beagle but she died a few months ago and I was pretty sad. I definitely prefer dogs to cats.

As far as hobbies go and socializing with people. I'm kind of an anti-social guy but just about every week I go to the a farm with nothing on it with some guys and shoot airsoft guns. Kind of like paintball but with airsoft guns. I also like going to the movies and such. Hmmm...Batman the Dark Knight was awesome, everyone should go see that. But yeah, my outside of computer hobbies change all the time.

So I wrote a lot of stuff no one probably cares about but now you know. Hope to see all of you around. :D For those I already know it's great to play with you like always.

Cfactor3000
Forum Noob

Unread post by Cfactor3000 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:50 am

Hi, I'm Cfa, and I'm addicted to alcohol...
Oops, it's been done before. :3

I'm from Toronto, a lil' 22 yo dude who clearly knows nothing about anything outside of something. I'm currently doing nothing, and hopefully will be doing something by the end of next year. Yay.

My work atm is just doing research in a research lab.

My hobbies are like magic: the gathering, video games, and making awkward moments with people. :3

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:29 pm

Welcome aboard :)

soaK
Forum Addict

Unread post by soaK » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:17 am

Heya Cfa, sounds like we should get along like a house on fire ;-)
Last edited by soaK on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyDelilah
Forum Noob

Unread post by LadyDelilah » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:42 am

Hi, I'm LadyDelilah, a social deviant who just happens to be wearing the skin of an average suburban housewife/coffee jockey.

Most everyone I see knows me already, so I'm not going to wax poetic with some long soliloquy on my personal struggles as a cerebellum carrier in a world of mind-melting news of celebrity babies and "How To Please Your Man!" articles. I'm just going to say that DrWolf is lying about that "Pwner of all things fuzzy" business...he IS all things fuzzy around here. :wink:

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:16 am

-finds some free time to finally fill this out-

Hey there! I'm Impalix, but you can call me Impy. Other have the right to call me Impster, Impalicious, Impaloompa, Impapotamus, etc. but I refuse to let you call me Al unless you're prepared to let me call you Betty.

First of all, I'm a GIRL. I have BOOBS. Get this point right and we're all good.

I'm 23, fresh out of college and living in the burbs of Cleveland, OH. I have a bachelor's in Music Education to my name, so I currently spend my time between substituting in the general area or working at a nice steakhouse to earn some extra cash. For every nerd vibe you've received from previous introductions, double that sensation and you'll have just described me.

+ I've been involved with a marching band for the past 8 years
+ I am an avid RPG/strategy (video) gamer both on and off the computer
+ I bleed Dungeons & Dragons and train my dice to roll 20s consistently
+ I role play several fantasy and modern genres on top of writing my own fiction
+ I fight using Medieval style rapier techniques and practice the art of Illumination
+ I can decipher and/or use chatspeak
+ I love watching B horror flicks and making fun of them

I really shouldn't keep going. There's a reason my theme song is "White & Nerdy."

Outside of being a total loser and loving it, my personality tends to revolve around the combination of sarcasm and genius. I crack a lot of jokes at other people's expenses, but it's well known that I never mean what I say. Unless it's about Grok being old - that one is true. Smarts tend to take me over when English is involved. I am known to proof-read a LOT a lot, so don't get all bummed when I correct your spelling. It runs in the family.

Oh yeah. I also run a radio show online every Thursday night. You should check it out - good times.

If you want to know more, feel free to ask me in chat. I'm pretty open to people who show genuine interest in topics.

stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:00 pm

I'm Stroby, I very bad at reading forums, honestly it would be quicker to send me a letter than to post things on forums ;) but im going to try harder.

I'm 16, studying math, physics chemistry and biology all the fun ones >.>, I live in England and I play guitar to varying degrees of competence but I think most of you knew this stuff *scrolls up to see what others found to say*

awe look imp gets a whole line to say she has boobs... oh yeah I forgot to say im male , so yeah thats about it.
:mrgreen: oh my fav colour is green and I can't spell ;)

jupider
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by jupider » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:56 am

Hello, I'm jupider. I'm not as witty as everyone else here so this won't be funny. Seriously. You may as well just skip to the next post. Are you sure? Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you. I'm 31, married, have 4 kids, and live in Indiana. That's in the USA. I drive a forklift at a production facility in a dead-end job. I have OCD, which means I always count steps as I walk up and down them and it bugs me when my socks don't match or there are forks mixed in with the spoons in the silverware drawer or if my friends come over and like to tip my pictures at little angles just to see me get all bent out of shape or the clock on the microwave is just a little bit faster than the clock on the stove so every three days I need to reset the time so they're the same, but that's about it. I am also a spelling, capitalization and punctuation nut, although even I mess up sometimes, and that bugs me, too. And Monopoly bugs me. I mean, mono means single and poly means many. Single many? What sense does that make? And I can't say just 'coaster.' When I need to put my drink down, I ask for a 'beverage coaster.' Everyone tells me I'm the only person they know who uses the term 'beverage coaster.' "It's just a coaster," they say. Anyway, I could go on all day about the stuff that bugs me, like people who hit their brakes, slow down to 5 mph, and *THEN* turn their signal on to let you know they're gonna turn. Well NO SHIT you're gonna turn!? Why else would you be slowing down here? I mean, why bother even USING the signal at this point!? In fact, why don't they just stop putting turn signals on cars if nobody ever uses them? Cars would be a lot cheaper, then. And less annoying because then people wouldn't accidentally leave their signals on, because that bugs me when I'm stuck behind some driver that just used their signal to change lanes (after they were halfway into the lane they were moving to, mind you) and didn't bother to turn it off because they were too busy yapping on their cell phone or fixing their hair in the rear view mirror. I mean, there's a light RIGHT THERE on the dashboard that tells you your turn signal is on! There's also that little click-click (or bing-bing, depending on your car) noise it makes, but they can never hear it with their radio cranked up so loud. Yes, I'm glad you like rap, but that doesn't mean everyone else does, too. So anyway, that's about all there is to me.
Gobberwart wrote:Jupider is EXACTLY right.
"In the time of war, we would never have left a man stranded."
"Maybe that's why we lost."

Impalix
Chat Moderator

Unread post by Impalix » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:35 pm

jup, I was actually hoping there was more to that rant.

It changed at JUST the right time between subjects to keep my A.D.D. entertained.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:34 pm

Welcome to the forums Lady Delilah, Stroby, jupider, and of course Al (who's been here forever but only just got around to this thread).

Jupider, that's one of the most incredibly awesome introduction posts I've ever seen. I think the single gigantic paragraph actually added to the post's charm. :)

Cheers,
Betty

PS. I'm not OCD, I'm CDO. It's the same thing, but in alphabetical order.

Travoltus
Forum Noob

Unread post by Travoltus » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:40 am

Hi, my name is Travoltus. I'm the master of the fine art of tai-po, surpassing the previous master, Grokly. My tai-po is very strong, so if you see something really odd or possibly offensive it's because these damn qwerty kb's have certain vowels placed too close together. That's my excuse anyhow. :P

As another fellow Missourian, I'd like to give a shout out to all my homies in dah hood...Holla!

Umm, if you've seen me in chat here or abroad, you're probably going omg are you that guy who is constantly kissin or smootchin on Beastyclaire. Yep it's me, in the virtual flesh *grin*. Hopefully someday Gobb will give us our own room where we can go when people say, "Get a ROOM!". And no Spiff, you're not invited unless you are bringing the duct tape and Jello shots.

That is all, nothing left to see here. These aren't the droids you're looking for....move along.

Liv
Forum Noob

Unread post by Liv » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi, I'm Liv, and I'm really late for this whole introduction thread.

I'm married and I have three kids. I live in Vegas, right now, and I hate it. We'll be moving to Florida this summer! I've just gone back to work, and I could tell you more about it, but I won't.

I'm kind of a fandom nut, but I won't get into that here.

I suck at this.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:31 pm

Liv wrote:I live in Vegas, right now, and I hate it. We'll be moving to Florida this summer!
You know that's impossible right? Assuming your kids were born there, you know that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas :)

DrWolf
Forum Addict

Unread post by DrWolf » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Wow, Gobb. Just...wow.

trogdorable
Forum Addict

Unread post by trogdorable » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm Trogdorable. I'm a girl, 23, living in Alaska. I'm tired of Alaska and I plan on moving to Minnesota next year. I have a cat and she's crazy like me.

I don't have as much nerd or geek or loser cred as many people on here, I'm just kinda here without classification.

Some people call me TroggleBoo, but those people are just mean.

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:10 pm

TroggleBoo, you really do have a lot more nerd in you than you'd like to admit.

And if you want some more, go visit Mas :)

mastechno
Chat Moderator

Unread post by mastechno » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:48 pm

Hey now!! I'm a geek...not a nerd! i don't own a pocket protector, or have any kind of corrective lens for eyesight, let alone a pair of black rimmed glasses with white tape holding the middle together...

Uh...

I'm I'm Mas(Techno), not a whole lot to introduce, except maybe I spend WAY too much time online, playing PtM, KoL, WoW, and various tv shows, etc.

More to add later if I'm feeling creative

stroby
Forum Addict

Unread post by stroby » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:57 am

Gobberwart wrote: And if you want some more, go visit Mas :)

So we're pimping out mas now?

Topic author
Gobberwart
Developer

Unread post by Gobberwart » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:00 pm

Nah, I wouldn't have thought there was any money in that :P

babe
Forum Noob

Unread post by babe » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:59 am

What can I say about myself , I live in Sierra Vista AZ , married for 33 yrs ( yes to the same man) 2 grown kids , and at the moment raising my 7 yr old grandson , I'm 53 yrs young . I enjoy gardening, and baseball ( thus the name the babe). I'm very new to the comupter stuff I really dont know alot about it , but I'm learning thanks, to my brother stone5150. My kids say I'm a hippy coz I grew up in the 70's ( but what can I say)I have a hard time talking about myself Peace be with ya :wink:

AxiS_Shadowbane
Forum Noob

Unread post by AxiS_Shadowbane » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:18 pm

I am ASS.

I live in Tasmania, happily married with (just turned) 3 year old triplets.

I am 8 years old if you go by my leap year age but 32 if we want to rub it in >.<

Chachoregard
Forum Regular

Unread post by Chachoregard » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:43 am

Name's Chachoregard, Chacho for short. Im on KoL (Chacho and Chachoregard) and on Twilight Heroes (Chachoregard)

I Is In College. :3

Reenix
Contributor

Unread post by Reenix » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:45 pm

I'm Reenix. I'm a 19-year-old student of English Literature and Creative Writing at Bath Spa University.
I'm on Kingdom of Loathing as well, and also XBOX Live (guess my username). I'm living the single life, studying and messing about. And that's it!
"Getting up on the wrong side of the bed never hurt anyone. Unless the wrong side is next to an open window."

Chazriel
Forum Noob

Unread post by Chazriel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi, I am Chaz (using the same user name here as in KoL) and stumbled across this while looking at KoL inspired games because I am doing the insame.
I work two jobs because I decided I do not have enough free time and seem to enjoy self-flaggelation. (not really)
I live in Cali with my wife who is from Switzerland and two annoying denomic creatures generally called cats.

sallyfox
Senior Chat Moderator

Unread post by sallyfox » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:20 pm

Im Sallyfox. My last name is Fox, but I use a ded dogs first name for a cover, cause my real first name is Kim........

I like stuff and revieving old forum threads.......

I am an attention seeker, but retardedly honest........

Im here, oh dear! get used to it.......... :D